This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas station to SCs: We aren't responsible for your stupidity

Sign on the front door of the station: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TELL US THE WRONG PUMP NUMBER AND SOMEONE ELSE PUMPS YOUR GAS.

Looks like someone made a little boo boo.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

I work at a gas station as well. It helps to confirm the pump and the make/model/color of the vehicle as well.

"I want 20 on pump 6"

"OK is that 20 on 6, are you the red dodge pickup?"

ect.
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

I have the other problem. I get to the cashier and forget what number pump I have. "It's the little red car right there..." There may be eight pumps, but there's usually only one little cheap red hatchback.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
        Sign on the front door of the station: WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TELL US THE WRONG PUMP NUMBER AND SOMEONE ELSE PUMPS YOUR GAS.

Looks like someone made a little boo boo.
        This happened at the C store where I usually get my gas.

Customer asked for $10 on pump 2. Clerk put in $2 on pump 10.

Customer was really nice about it, though, and everyone got a good laugh at the brain fart
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

And this is why I try to pay at the pump whenever possible. I can remember my entire debit card number but I can't seem to remember two measly digits for more than 5 seconds. *sigh* fortunately, I can just say, "the black car with the huge dent on the hood."
          If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Ben_Who View Post
            I have the other problem. I get to the cashier and forget what number pump I have. "It's the little red car right there..." There may be eight pumps, but there's usually only one little cheap red hatchback.
            As long as you don't be as vague as to say "the red one" when there are twenty "red ones" at the pumps at the time, that's perfectly fine. I, like pzychobitch, verify car color/make before setting up a prepay...and we only have four pumps!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

We get pump mixups at the petrol station where I work, and they're always due to customer error. Either the customer mixes up eleven and one, or twelve and two ("I didn't see the other digit!") or, cuz they weren't listening/on a mobile/going into terminal braindeath, they pick out a random pump and don't correct the cashier when they read out the amount. One SC did this cuz the car in front of the pump was identical to hers; however, the other customer had put in five times the amount she had. She paid for his petrol, all the time yapping on her mobile, and left. She didn't come back, even tho she'd just paid £50 for the £10 she put in. O_o
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that she didn't know how much she put in because she was talking on her phone while she was pumping.

Comment

In Australia you aren't allowed to talk on the phone - or even text - at a petrol station. It's considered a fire hazard.

Comment

Same in the US, but people don't follow that. They still don't get that they shouldn't fill gas cans in the trunk of their car and that's been a rule for as long as I can remember.

And people wonder why I move my car away from the pumps if I'm going inside to get a drink.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                      Same in the US, but people don't follow that.
                      It's more heavily enforced down here.
                      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                        I'm willing to bet that she didn't know how much she put in because she was talking on her phone while she was pumping.
                        Nope; cuz if she had been, I would have switched off her pump. Cue the SC coming in and whining, "Why did you turn my pump off sobcry waaambulance?!" -.-
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

The place I normally get my gas is the grocery store's gas station so they have a kiosk with a cashier inside and a dozen or so pumps. I tend to park at the pump right in front of the kiosk if possible that way I can just lean over and point while saying '$20 on pump x please'. I'm usually very polite and have all the info I need at hand and the money out and I put my phone number in so I can get any discount.
                          Only problem I've ever had was once after working an overnight I stopped at the gas station on the way to the park for a run. I accidentally pressed the button for the premium gas instead of the regular. Thankful the fuel center manager was on duty that morning and was able to fix it right up. I was so tired and I apologized profusely. She said it happens a lot and I felt a lot less embarrassed. :P
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                            It's more heavily enforced down here.
                            Sounds likely to me -- Any level greater than zero would definitely qualify as "more heavily enforced", no?
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My absolute favorite thing about the people who forget their pump number is this:

I'm so short I can't see over the cigarette racks without a stool. So if you forget your pump number you're going to have to go look for it. Also, even with the stool if someone is parked in the forecourt I STILL can't see some of the pumps because that car/truck is the only thing I can see.

It sucks being short.

It also sucks when they say "The red Ford" and all there is out there is a red Nissan.

Wut. You don't know what kind of car you drive? Is it stolen? What the heck?

Comment

Working...
                              X