This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You honestly think YOUR luck is bad?

I think this is ok here, it happened in the hallway at the doctor's office, so she was a customer of one of the doctors.

So, I had been to see my doctor (totally irrelevant), and was in the elevator going from the 2nd floor to the basement parking level. Elevator stops at the
    1st floor and three fireman/paramedics wheel a man on a gurney onto the elevator, and another woman gets on as well.

This isn't a very big elevator, so I asked one fireman if I was at all in his way, and he apologetically asked if I and the other lady would mind waiting for the next elevator to give them a bit more room to be beside the gurerney, and I of course said no problem at all and got off. As did the other woman.

Now let me be clear, this wasn't ambulance staff transporting someone in a routine way or anything - this was three firemen/paramedics in full gear, the guy was flat on his back, they were giving him oxygen, and very clearly I heard (and anyone nearby would have heard) one fireman ask him if he'd ever had a heart attack before. So quite obviously an emergency situation.

So the doors close and we wait for the elevator to go down one level, them to get out, then it to come back up one level. Not to the top of a high rise, mind you, just the one floor down and back.

The woman beside me started in the minute the doors closed. How she couldn't believe they asked us to get off, how now she was going to miss her bus, and it would be half an hour before the next one. How she had such horrible luck, being delayed like that.

I really regret I decided that a. I wasn't in the mood for a confrontation, and b. I didn't want to start something in the hallway of the nice quiet doctor's building. Because I was biting my tongue to keep from asking her how the hell she thought her luck was so bad, at least she wasn't the one lieing on the gurney having a heart attack.

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Oh no! Wait 30 minutes for a bus?! The horror! I do that ALL the time. There is one bus around these parts that runs every hour, so if you miss it you are SOL. I always try to be 20 min early for that bus in case its running early.

Comment

Oh. My. God.

Even when I was having my own heart scare I wouldn't have been this cluelessly selfish. Really?

Comment

The world revolves around her. Really it does.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

She's the kind of person who deserves to have somebody rip a nasty, eggy yet totally silent fart on her next elevator trip from the basement to the top floor of a high-rise.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Maybe she'll get lucky and have a massive heart attack, thus allowing her to be rushed to her destination -- although not necessarily the one she wanted -- at top speed with no waiting at all.

Comment

I remember one time on a crowded subway train a guy fell as he was coming through the door. I think his foot went into the gap and he wrenched it. Some people picked him up and put him on a seat, and he looked really grey. I said, "Are you okay?" and he shook his head no, so I pushed the emergency strip that sets off an alarm and holds the train while emergency crews show up.

Someone further into the train said, "Oh, come on!" when the alarm started, and I admit that I yelled back my wish that he would get hurt on a train and the mooing herds would just trample him on their way to work rather than helping him.

I got off the train at that point because it was technically one short stop away from my stop, and I figured walking it would be faster than waiting. A woman who also got off at that stop thanked me on the way out. I'm not sure if she was thanking me for pushing the alarm or for bitching out Mr. Impatient...

Comment

yeah but i bet if it was her on the gurney she'd want everyone else to get off the lift so she could get saved faster.

some people have no brains

Comment

Reading this put me in a bad mood. I had a close family member die of a heart attack before he could even get to the hospital. I REALLY hope karma gets her for that one!
                  Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                    The world revolves around her. Really it does.
                    It sure does, just ask her and she'll tell you!
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I was on the till and a female customer started having chest pains. So I called over a first aider and took the customer to a nearby chair to keep her company til the first aider arrived. This bitch shrieked out that she wanted serving and didn't want to wait; luckily, I didn't have to say anything as all the other customers waiting in the line chewed her out for me. Selfish cow.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        She's the kind of person who deserves to have somebody rip a nasty, eggy yet totally silent fart on her next elevator trip from the basement to the top floor of a high-rise.
                        Now what did some poor high rise building do to deserve having its elevator stunk up like that? Or having that woman inflicted on it?

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
                          It sure does, just ask her and she'll tell you!
                          Is that what Aussies call "figjam"? (Fuck, I'm Good, Just Ask Me)
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            I'll get some eggs and get prepared.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              I'll get some eggs and get prepared.

Rapscallion
                              This is one of the many reasons we love you, Raps.
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X