X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    "Sheetz"

isn't that what you get when you eat too much oatmeal?
    Or ramen and pizza :P
    If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Acme Supermarkets (Name not obfuscated because I don't work there) here has that automatic change dispenser. I don't get to see it in action much, because I almost always use a credit card to take advantage of the 1% rebate (sometimes it's as high as 5% depending on the card and the time of the year), but I love watching it go when someone else is paying cash.

I wonder if they're tied to a specific till, or if the POS system is smart enough to deduct the change dispensed over a shift from what's supposed to be in the till. I have seen them swapping out the change carrier on occasion, but I don't know if that was for shift change, or because it needed refilling.

Comment

We have automatic coin dispensers at my store. They're pretty neat, but they jam once or twice a day (really easy to fix, though). At the end of our shift, we fill the coin changer with change from our drawers, buying extra change from the safe as needed. Since we know how much money the changer holds ($118), it's easy to factor it into our drawer totals.
        It doesn't matter if you win or lose, as long as you look really cool doing it! -- Julio Scoundrel, Order of the Stick

Comment

Quoth Lady_Foxfire View Post
          We have automatic coin dispensers at my store. They're pretty neat, but they jam once or twice a day (really easy to fix, though). At the end of our shift, we fill the coin changer with change from our drawers, buying extra change from the safe as needed. Since we know how much money the changer holds ($118), it's easy to factor it into our drawer totals.
          And just hope the U.S. doesn't pull a stunt like Canada did in the late '80s/early '90s (dimes got slightly thicker so the "self-counting" plastic clips the Royal Bank used instead of wrappers would only hold 48-49, pennies (R.I.P.) got slightly thinner so their clip would hold 51-52). That would result in a "full to the line" changer having the possibility to hold some amount close to, but not exactly, $118.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X