Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
      You typed "balls to test it."

I read "balls to testes."
      You've got quite the warped mind.

I think I like you.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        Is it just me, or does that policy almost dare a smartass to come in without pants?
        Yes, yes it does. So you just make a sign for that too.

Case in point:
        The bar we go to in Malmo (Ne) has a sign clearly stating that Shirt, Shoes AND Pants are required, as the town loonie stopped in one day with a shirt and a pair of sandals on......but noooooooooo pants. And guess what? He demanded service. So after the local cop sent him on his way, up went the "Pants Required" sign.
        Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

I pray he was wearing underwear?
          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
            Why do I have a feeling he wasn't?
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
              Thankfully, yes. But still.....
              Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Hey now, a nice breeze about the nethers feels pretty good every now and again, and I'm a girl.......<attempts self delete on mental image of windsocks>
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I grew up never wearing shoes... even at school until I was around 10

the soles of my feet were like steel pads....

now I wont even walk barefoot along the beach....the world doesnt feel as safe as it used to.
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I think it depends on where you are. Most land locked places tend to never have a problem with this, but most places I know of that are by lakes or beaches are usually lenient -- you know, letting you where bathing suits into establishments and stuff. The places on the island I go to for the beach don't even bat an eye when I walk in wearing shorts, a bikini top and sandals. Or when my guy friends walk in wearing just their swimming trunks and sandals. But people are commonly seen walking around town like that.

I think the thought of looking "decent" for public really depends on the community as a wholes definition of "decent"
                    "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

I see little kids running around in Wal-Mart wearing their bathing suits all the time, usually still dripping wet and quite often with a big towel wrapped around them as well. No one seems to care much.

I would still run around barefoot nonstop if I didn't have to wear shoes to work...and if I'm wearing sandals or the like, I'll still sometimes take my shoes off in Wal-Mart and carry them with me, no one's called me on it yet. (I also know I'm not gonna sue if it's my own stupidity that I step on a piece of glass while doing it, too...) But on the weekends when I'm the only one here, once the weather gets warm, they're lucky if I put on my shoes to walk through the parking lot. I'm a little country girl so I'm used to running around on rocks and gravel and whatnot barefoot, heh heh.

But if someone tells me to put my shoes on, I won't complain or anything. I'd rather not wear shoes at all, but I do because it's the polite thing to do, most of the time.
                      "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth rdp78 View Post

Now the "no shirt" maybe because they want to make sure no one is distracted and also to make young children don't see something they shouldn't be seeing.
                        Maybe it should read "Decent shirt" then.... I worked at a coffee place and I guess this woman had just come from swimming.... she had a bathing suit on but had a shirt over that - HOWEVER this woman's clevage was VERY MUCH on display.... I think it was the length of my arm! I couldn't help being distracted (and I'm female and straight). It was more of an

Thankfully I got through the order and got her out of the store - but I will never forget that sight..... you could lose a person in that clevage!

(BTW they weren't bought b/c they were really saggy - and she was fairly fat)
                        Last edited by air914; 03-29-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Quoth air914 View Post
                          I couldn't help being distracted (and I'm female and straight). It was more of an
                          I know what you mean. My ex is quite huge up there, and seemed to have an aversion to wearing a bra. Over time, that caused quite a bit of saggage.

One day, sometime after we were split up, and when my wife and I were still just dating, she came over to visit our son. We were all hanging out on the front porch, when she bent down to pick him up, and her boobs slipped out from the bottom of her shirt!

I couldn't help myself. My brain filter failed, and I blurted out, "You're not wearing a bra!"

To this day, my wife still accuses me of looking. I'll admit, as a healthy, straight male, I like boobs of almost every size, and I do look on occasion. However, ones that sag within a foot of the ground do not turn me on.

I think your situation and mine were both "Train wreck" types of situations.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Guy comes into my mother-in-laws store and spends, probably, 10 minutes shopping. Nothing unusual. Brings his stuff to the counter and proceeds to tell her he stepped on a piece of glass in the store but if she gives him his groceries free he won't sue her.
                            She told him to get the hell out and if he set foot on the property again she'd call the sherrif.

We have a very old wood floor so while I don't usually push the shoes rule, I do warn people they're barefoot at their own risk. I know one day that'll bite me in the arse and I'll have to post it.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                            ~Clerks

Comment

I work in a warehouse so I have to wear closed-toe shoes since part of my day is spent out in the warehouse, but when I'm in the office working at my desk I take my shoes off all the time. My computer cpu is under my desk to my right (it's an L-shaped desk with the monitor in the corner) and I've gotten in the habit of curling my right leg behind me and resting my foot on the computer. And I hardly ever wear shoes in my house. My socks don't remain white for long...
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've actually violated the no shoes rule a few times. At a video store, at a convenience store, at a DQ in the summer time.

Why you ask? Because I rollerbladed to these locations. They don't allow rollerblades inside obviously, so I take them off and enter the establishment with only my socks on my feet. I'm basically violating one policy to comply with another (it's rather a pain in the butt to have to drag a pair of shoes around with me when I'm rollerblading but in most cases I'm only in these places a few minutes).

I've never been called on it so I suppose most places are understanding enough as to why I'm in socks. The way I see it, they'd probably rather I come in with socks on rather than have me rollerblading around their store.

Comment

Working...
                                X