This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love the local drivers

I am currently in South Dakota but just read the local newsrag back home on my Kindle.

There's a bagel shop that was hit by a car shortly before I left. The vehicle, driven by a 73-year old woman, penetrated halfway into the building and knocked over a customer who wasn't hurt. The damage was boarded up.

Then yesterday some guy drove over there to gawk at the damage, hit the gas instead of the brake, and put another hole in the building.

Do I really need to come back from vacation? /whimper
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

IF you go back, be careful.

Comment

Just stay away from that shop

Comment

I have never been inside said bagel shop and probably never will be. I'm not a big bagel person.

The swamp has ordered bagels from them on occasion.

Comment

I kid you not, there are just some buildings. The Burger King where I used to live had some lady plow into it and then just after it was fixed from that some OTHER lady plowed into it.

Where they drove into it doesn't even make SENSE. It's not in their parking lot, it's next to a road that runs almost parallel.

Comment

If I were the owner of the shop, I'd paint the building a bright color and hang a large "This is not the drive thru" sign where the cars hit.

Comment

Back home now, and drove past said bagel shop this afternoon.

The damage has been boarded up and there are signs reading "Open During Construction."

Which is much more innocuous than "Open During Car Crash Damage Repairs" I guess.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Which is much more innocuous than ...
                "Open until we get a door so we can close."
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The Subway shop in our plaza was just plowed into by a car a few days ago.

Comment

The local IHOP got a "drive thru window" a couple of years back at around 1 am. How the car was able to get up to 70 (which was the estimated speed based on the damage) I'll never know.

There was also the time that the Pizza hut got a new entrance and exit one morning around 10 AM. The driver had a blood alcohol level of around a .3. The bar he was at opened at 8 AM.
                    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                      The Subway shop in our plaza was just plowed into by a car a few days ago.
                      Something similar happened to the local What-A-Burger joint just a short block from my work.

A 17 year old driving drunk lost control and hit the side of the building! Heard from one of the family members who run the place that if the car had hit just a couple of inches to the left, they would have hit the gas line!

Last FB update was they were finishing up the A/C and waiting on another city inspector, so they are hoping to reopen soon. They've already been closed 3 months (the family only leases the building so they've had to wait on the owner to get the repairs made.)
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

3 months? I hope they had business interruption insurance, and that the landlord didn't charge them rent for the time they were unable to use the premises.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X