This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two cars one lane

This happened a few days ago and I'm still a bit angry about it.

I was on the interstate. There was an SUV travelling in the left (passing) lane, not passing anyone and just hanging out there. I was slowly gaining on them in the right lane.

Just as I started to pass them, they began to move into my lane! I had to slam on my brakes and swerve onto the shoulder. I laid on the horn, but they ignored me.

It was all for naught, as they moved back into the left lane due to an upcoming slowdown, which anyone with even halfway decent eyesight could have seen was coming up. (I sure had seen it...my plan had been to get around the SUV and then pass the slowdown.)

So SUV gets back into the left lane, passes a bunch of cars, and then moves right...and does the exact same thing to a little silver car! That car also got pushed onto the shoulder to avoid a collision!

Cut off one car...okay, mistakes happen. Run two cars onto the shoulder in a row...that's just pure incompetence right there.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Or the guy is just an asshole.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

I'd have let them hit me, they'd be at fault and they lose points and pay the insurance.

Comment

Quoth Kittykat View Post
        I'd have let them hit me, they'd be at fault and they lose points and pay the insurance.
        Yeah, except my work commute is 30 miles so even being out of a car for a short time is gonna hurt, and settling takes forever. If I could afford to be without a car it would be tempting...
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X