This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady, what were you doing?

I was driving down a row of cars in a parking lot today. I saw a car coming the opposite way, in the middle of the two lanes. I was over as far as I could be to my right, and slowed to a stop as the other car kept coming, still in the middle. The other car stopped, still in the middle of the lanes, and flashed its brights at me; I wasn't waiting for a spot, wasn't turning, just waiting for them to get onto their side of the road. I managed to pull further over where there was a clump of empty parking spaces and the car, and lady driver, just proceeded past me, still straddling the lanes.

Sigh.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    The other car stopped, still in the middle of the lanes, and flashed its brights at me; I wasn't waiting for a spot, wasn't turning, just waiting for them to get onto their side of the road. I managed to pull further over where there was a clump of empty parking spaces and the car, and lady driver, just proceeded past me, still straddling the lanes.

Sigh.
    People are idiots. I have such a hard time in situations like this. In the past I have both moved, and refused to move. Depends on my mood. If I had come across this today, I really think I would have honked and gestured. It was that kind of day. I also used to have a car that screamed "young girl driver!" and I swear people moved MUCH more than they do now that I drive a bland midsized commuter.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

And it makes it all the better when said bad driver think they are the one who is right.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I was driving down a row of cars in a parking lot today. I saw a car coming the opposite way, in the middle of the two lanes. I was over as far as I could be to my right, and slowed to a stop as the other car kept coming, still in the middle. The other car stopped, still in the middle of the lanes, and flashed its brights at me...
        There was a similar story in some magazine (RD, I think) a few years back. Pickup truck going the wrong way down a one-way parking lot lane approaches a small sedan going the right way. Both stop. Pickup driver leans out and yells, "I don't back up for idiots!" Other driver moves out of the way and, as the pickup rumbles past, yells back, "That's okay; I do."
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

i, by necessity, tend to drive large vehicles (need something beefy to haul a trailer), current one is a 1978 F-250 super cab longbed. thing looks like a dang tank. oddly, i don't have much trouble with people staying in my way
          Attached Files
          Last edited by EricKei; 01-05-2015, 03:43 PM. Reason: converted large image to an attachment

Comment

Quoth katzklaw View Post
            i, by necessity, tend to drive large vehicles (need something beefy to haul a trailer), current one is a 1978 F-250 super cab longbed.
            [Crocodile Dundee] That's not a large vehicle. As for being beefy to haul a trailer, even an empty trailer would crush your rear suspension - and you wouldn't even be able to get the trailer moving.[/Crocodile Dundee]
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X