This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing Reds Means STOP!!!

*puts down ice pack from headache after bashing head in frustration on steering wheel*

Accident at a major intersection today had the lights in all directions flashing red. If you have a driver's license, you should freaking well know that it means STOP. I don't care if it's normally a red-yellow-green light: if it's flashing red now, it acts like a stop sign and you wait your freaking turn to go!

Oh, and while we're at it, how about people remember that failing to TAKE right of way can be just as dangerous as failing to GIVE right of way! I can't blarggle enough about the idiot in front of me who sat for TEN MINUTES at this intersection because he didn't have the cojones to inch forward so the other drivers knew he was going to go. No amount of horn blowing from me or the people behind me could convince him to move. I eventually drove around him and was through the intersection in teh next rotation of drivers who were driving by the rules of the road.

And to make matters worse, there were no fewer than three cop cars with six officers standing around chewing the fat, allowing this mess at the intersection to go on. I know they get taught traffic control at accidents. The accident was almost completely cleared by the time I got there (one of Arga's brethren was just hoisting the last car) so the cops just got in their cars and drove off! There's honking and screeching tires at this intersection, but rather than take control and start directing traffic during a morning rush hour, they left!

I did not need to start my day off like this.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Yeah, either they won't go, or they go when it's not their turn. I always get a sinking feeling when I come across an intersection with no power. You'd think it was the zombie apocalypse. Suddenly people think there are no rules, no lanes, no speed limit. Like the scene from the beginning of The Omega Man, complete with the undead. (other drivers)

Speaking of driving around someone, the other day I was on my way to school and this van in front of me just rolled to a stop. I sit there and wait, thinking maybe he was going to try to parallel park. I left him tons of room. After a few moments of us both just sitting there I go around him. After I pass him, he makes a U-turn. A really bad one, took him like three tries. But I mean, who does that? "Oh, I need to be going the other way. I guess I'll just stop in the middle of the road until everyone goes away."
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

RED MEANS STOP!
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
      X