This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardon me, I'll just drive slower.

I was driving home this morning from the BF's apartment when coming up behind me, I spotted Angry Arm Waving Hand Signal Girl. You know who I'm talking about. Full of violent hand gestures and an eternal cat-butt face.

This road we were on, well, it's notorious for being a speed trap. The limit is 35mph, and the majority of the town's police force likes to hang out along the two-three mile stretch where the speed limit is low. I was driving between 35 and 40. I sure as hell didn't want to be pulled over.

But that wasn't fast enough for Angry Arm Waving Hand Signal Girl. The moment she pulled in behind me, she started gesturing. Slamming her hands on the steering wheel. Sneering and taunting with loud words that I couldn't hear. I slowed to an even 35. The hand gesturing increased.

And then I slowed to a stop, turn signal on like a good little driver, sitting and waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear so I could turn left. And in the lane to my right, there was too much traffic for her to get over.

I chuckled. She was banging on the steering wheel, throwing her arms up in the air, inching closer to me.

Oh no! I could have turned then but the cars were going so fast. I waited until I couldn't see any oncoming cars. It took a while. I'm surprised she didn't explode.

Patience, people, patience.
    Would you like a Stummies?

I have seen MANY people just like her. Also in young male form and middle aged woman form!

This one woman must have been having a serious hot flash or something and needed to get home NOW...or was just late for work like everyone else in the morning....because she kept waving and flipping out and got so close to my bumper that I started to wonder when we'd make contact with each other.

I haven't seen anyone smacking their steering wheel since Little Penis Man in the McDonalds Drive Thru back in February.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

I haven't seen anyone smacking their steering wheel since Little Penis Man in the McDonalds Drive Thru back in February.
      Quite the bold assumption to think he even has a penis.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Quite the bold assumption to think he even has a penis.
        he probably bought a used one off ebay.

Comment

Okay, what is cat butt face?

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            Okay, what is cat butt face?
            Ok, do you have lemons? Go grab one. Peel it, and put 2 or 3 segments into your mouth. Start chewing. That face you make? Where your lips purse up and you suck the insides of your cheeks? That's a catbutt face
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              Ok, do you have lemons? Go grab one. Peel it, and put 2 or 3 segments into your mouth. Start chewing. That face you make? Where your lips purse up and you suck the insides of your cheeks? That's a catbutt face
              That's kind of what I thought but I wasn't sure....

As if SC's weren't ugly enough.....

Comment

All right everyone let's fill in the blanks.........

Poor planning on your part_______________________________________.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                  All right everyone let's fill in the blanks.........

Poor planning on your part_______________________________________.

"...Means that everyone else should go out of their way to accomodate me"...?
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I had a friend who did that. The moron being him got pulled over for following to close and got a ticket.

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                      I was driving home this morning from the BF's apartment when coming up behind me, I spotted Angry Arm Waving Hand Signal Girl. You know who I'm talking about. Full of violent hand gestures and an eternal cat-butt face.

This road we were on, well, it's notorious for being a speed trap. The limit is 35mph, and the majority of the town's police force likes to hang out along the two-three mile stretch where the speed limit is low. I was driving between 35 and 40. I sure as hell didn't want to be pulled over.

But that wasn't fast enough for Angry Arm Waving Hand Signal Girl. The moment she pulled in behind me, she started gesturing. Slamming her hands on the steering wheel. Sneering and taunting with loud words that I couldn't hear. I slowed to an even 35. The hand gesturing increased.

And then I slowed to a stop, turn signal on like a good little driver, sitting and waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear so I could turn left. And in the lane to my right, there was too much traffic for her to get over.

I chuckled. She was banging on the steering wheel, throwing her arms up in the air, inching closer to me.

Oh no! I could have turned then but the cars were going so fast. I waited until I couldn't see any oncoming cars. It took a while. I'm surprised she didn't explode.

Patience, people, patience.
                      Thank you.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who does things like that.

Usually, for me, it's young men driving huge trucks way too fast.

The best is when I'm on a two-lane street/avenue, I will match speed limit with the car in the next lane. Sometimes I'll pull ahead a bit, the punk in the truck will change lanes (usually planting him RIGHT on my bumper), then I'll slow down a bit and the punk will change lanes back.

The BEST of the best is when the driver in the car next to me looks at me, nods, and then starts to slow down as well!
                      "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post
                        Thank you.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who does things like that.

Usually, for me, it's young men driving huge trucks way too fast.

The best is when I'm on a two-lane street/avenue, I will match speed limit with the car in the next lane. Sometimes I'll pull ahead a bit, the punk in the truck will change lanes (usually planting him RIGHT on my bumper), then I'll slow down a bit and the punk will change lanes back.

The BEST of the best is when the driver in the car next to me looks at me, nods, and then starts to slow down as well!
                        Don't forger the Ricers in their modified Civics.

Comment

Mom did that once in a town that was notorious for speeding tickets. Every time I drove through there, there'd be 2-3 cops on the highway and another one sitting in a parking lot with a speed gun...

Well, at the point where the road striping changed over to the dashed yellow to allow for passing, the tailgater blew past Mom so fast we thought she was going to clip our fender. But the car behind her? An unmarked police car. Talk about instant karma! The cop's lights were on almost before the woman was back in the proper lane, Mom pulled over to give him plenty of room to pass, and a quarter-mile later we passed the cop walking up to Ms. Tailgater, who looked VERY pissed off.
                          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
                          X