This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Are You Still Driving? Part 103

Another senior on the road who probably needs to give up his license before he kills someone.

I was coming home Thursday morning, picked up some food, and was waiting at a red light to turn left. It's one of those intersections where multiple lanes can turn left.

An old man in a big boat (one of those cars that look like undercover cop cars) was in the lane next to me.

As we got the arrow, we began to proceed, and right as we corrected and started going straight again, this idiot decides to change lanes and pull right in front of me. I didn't even see him turn his head or check to see if it was safe.

Then we took the next exit off of that road......he got into the other lane as if he were going to turn left, but at the last second realized he was in the wrong lane...so again, no checking around him, I just see him get in front of me again. I mean, all I saw was him change lanes...

That light turned green, and we proceeded straight. He then changed lanes RIGHT in the middle of the intersection and cut off the person who had been next to me. Once again, I didn't even see him check to make sure it was safe, plus it's illegal to change lanes in the middle of an intersection!

The entire rest of the trip before I got home, he kept changing lanes, just moving over without evening looking. He got quite a few honks from people.....

The best part of all....he totally blew the last 4 way stop on that road and turned left from the farthest right hand lane.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    Once again, I didn't even see him check to make sure it was safe, plus it's illegal to change lanes in the middle of an intersection!
    That guy needs to be out from behind the wheel, no doubt.

As for the changing lanes in an intersection, it's actually legal around these parts, now. Most people here don't actually know that the law changed, however.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Me thinks it's time for the old codger to give up his license. I get so many of those in the Retiree state of FL in those big ass Buicks and Caddies.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Yeah I'm in Florida and all of a sudden one day I noticed a lot mre cars on the road, and more out of state plates.
        And now every time I go out driving I feel like I'm going to get hit or die from someone not knowing how to drive.

Comment

I tell Hubby that if/when I ever get to that point, pull my license and car keys, no matter how much I may protest. It's not worth risking an accident!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My sister-in-law knows someone who voluntarily gave up his license (after a bit of a scare... went through a light and then realised that he was lucky there was no traffic because it had been red). We're all very proud of him for admitting that he wasn't able to safely drive anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X