This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do You Do This?!

The epitime of being indecisive and pissing others off....

The upcoming stoplight is yellow....soon to be red.

The vehicle in front of you begins to slow down....so you think they are going to stop.....but you see them proceed past the stop line and into the intersection and you realize that YOU also are too far past to really stop.....

So then they gun it and you have to gun it behind them right as it turns red or already has turned red.

I know, I should know better and just stop no matter what the dumbass in front of me does.....but I just hate how people can't decide if they want to stop or gun it and go until they've drug everyone behind them too far ahead as well.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Saw a good stand-up comic a few years ago who mentioned this:

"Y'know when you run a yellow light that you could have stopped for, and you always feel guilty for a second or two, until you glance in your rear-view mirror and see that 3 other cars behind you ran the red? I wonder what going through the mind of those drivers?

Driver 1: "..... opps"

Driver 2: "...um, I'm with him"

Driver 3: "I'm just an asshole."
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      I know, I should know better and just stop no matter what the dumbass in front of me does.
      Ding-ding-ding! We have a winner!

Comment

Well I never said I was perfect or in the right.

It just irks me that people can't make up their damn mind and appear to start stopping, but then meh oh well I'm going! Wee!
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My favorite is when people slow down coming to the yellow and then speed up as it is about to change. Especially since I end up stopping...

Comment

My favorite is when the driver behind me assumes I'm going to proceed through the intersection and has to slam on his brakes to keep from rear ending me.

Hehe, dumbass . . .

Comment

Quoth Crescent Cat View Post
              My favorite is when the driver behind me assumes I'm going to proceed through the intersection and has to slam on his brakes to keep from rear ending me.

Hehe, dumbass . . .
              My (large, scary-looking) dad had someone get upset with him for doing something stupid like stopping at the light, and almost causing an accident. I'm not sure if he had enough brain cells to realise that yes, he was in the wrong, or if he was a base enough person to assume that my dad might beat him up.

The one that gets me is when I go through an intersection that I probably should have stopped for, because I want to scrape off a tailgater. And then said tailgater follows me through...

Comment

Working...
              X