This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, it sure is one-way.

There was a head-on low-speed collision just outside my apartment this morning. Fair amount of body damage to both vehicles, but no injuries. Both drivers live in my apartment complex.

Driver 1 freaks right the hell out, screaming about how its a one-way street. Cursing, hysterics, even started throwing things at the other driver. It took 4 other residents, including myself, to point out to her that yes, it is a one way street, and always has been, that she was the one going the wrong way, and was totally at fault.

There are about 4 signs, as well as arrows painted on the ground, indicating which way the street goes, and ms. oblivious has somehow managed to live there for at least a year and not been aware that those 'one-way/Do not enter/Exit only' signs apply to her too.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

We've got a one-way lane at the parking garage I work at due to a narrow curve in it; still have far too many people ignoring the signs and painted arrows. We've also a no-left turn sign at the exit near said lane that people continue to ignore, to.

I'm quite thankful that there hasn't been any accidents yet (that I know of), though I've come too close to being on the receiving end of such things.
    "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

The complex I live at has a one way center street that tees and then has two one-way exit streets on either side, so it makes a big square M shape.

We get people driving in through the exit streets all the time.

And the worst offenders are the security company.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The exit at my doctor's office has a "No Left Turn" sign which it seems most people ignore and I'm surprised that there aren't more accidents because the sign is there because it's a driveway leading from the bank to the busy street next to the office.

Comment

Working...
        X