This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• michigan drivers?

i dont live in michigan and have never been there, but i was driving to work on monday behind a car that had a michigan plate. its a 4 lane road and we're approaching a green light at an intersection. the car in front of me stops....so for a moment i think ok maybe he's stopping for a reason. and the person in the lane to our right slows down. only because the idiot in front of me stopped, and thus it allowed people from the oncoming direction to turn left. WTF asshole?? no need to stop at a GREEN. i know around here some people do go on red stop on green, and they ARE idiots..are people in MI like this?

and just before that i was sitting at a red at another intersection (same thing, 4 lane road) but here the left lane is the turning lane and im in the right to go straight. each side gets their green arrow. and i wait for my green to go ahead. so the cars to their lefts and i notice a car from the other side go straight thru the intersection. it didnt hit me til i looked up at the light to see a still green arrow. thank goodness there was no one to my left turning. and its not like it was an unmarked police or other vehicle. just some idiot who blatantly ran a red light. i hate driving in west hartford...grrrr

From the few times I've driven in Michigan, yes, they ARE like that.

But when you live in a state that routinely makes you turn right to go left, I guess it's easy to get other things backwards as well
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
      From the few times I've driven in Michigan, yes, they ARE like that.

But when you live in a state that routinely makes you turn right to go left, I guess it's easy to get other things backwards as well
      turn right to go left? ehhh yea i could see how that messes people up haha

Comment

As a Michigan resident....BAH

What the frick do you mean turn right to go left?

The guy stopping at green light was a idiot we are not ALL like that.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          As a Michigan resident....BAH

What the frick do you mean turn right to go left?

The guy stopping at green light was a idiot we are not ALL like that.
          didnt think you all were. good to know

Comment

As a driver educated in Michigan, no, we don't all drive like that.

Turning right to go left can be explained here: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...turn_crossover

I miss those.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that *all* Michigan drivers are like that.
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Did I mention that in Michigan anything that's covered with pavement or gravel is a "passing lane". That includes turn lanes, shoulders, parking lots, sidewalks, playgrounds, etc.

Comment

Quoth Sightings Reporter View Post
                  ATurning right to go left can be explained here: http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_u-turn_crossover
                  Fixed the link for ya.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                    Fixed the link for ya.
                    Thanks. That is what I get for not proofing my work!

Comment

As person who lives in Michigan, no that person was an idiot. You never stop on a green.

As for the turning right to go left thing, in some places it actually makes sense. I wish more places were set up like that.

Comment

They have those stupid u-turn median crossovers in Tennessee as well (well, at least in Pigeon Forge). They are the dumbest thing I've ever seen in road design, bar none.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

we do have those in Michigan. we call them idiots.

i actually like the Michigan lefts. couldn't tell you why, but i do.
                          verily, i doth be a buckete.

Comment

maybe its like round-abouts....traffic circle...rotary...

idk the link didnt work for me earlier haha

Comment

Here's the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median_u-turn_crossover

I'm from Michigan too and I didn't know those were special to Michigan. Then again, this is the state where you have to maneuver around multiple construction zones to get anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X