This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to walk, Poindexter

I do believe it was Johnny Carson who said the worst drivers in the U.S. were in Wisconsin. I also believe we have the worst pedestrians in the U.S.

Was heading out to do my grocery shopping and pick up a few other things, and some dolt just goes strolling right out into traffic on the busiest street in town, while I have the green light, which means she had a sold "Don't Walk" sign staring her in the face.

And of course she waits to step out into traffic right as I'm approaching the intersection, so I had to hit the brakes. She was in a marked crosswalk; I'd be in Fucksville if I hit her.

And then, further on down the road, here comes some fuckface on a bike, right across the street as traffic is coming, not even at an intersection, pedaling about as slowly as humanly possible across the street. Yeah, he got the horn.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

But but you should share the road with bikes......

Comment

The other day, I came home from the gym at the worst time.

All the lunatics that live in these complexes had just gotten off the bus from doing their shopping for the day....and these yoohoos are so bad that they refuse to walk on the sidewalk....they walk in the road to get home. That was sure fun playing Frogger with a bunch of drooling idiots who insist on walking IN THE STREET.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        But but you should share the road with bikes......
        Only counts if the bike knows it's a bike, and doesn't think it's a pedestrian :P.

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
          Only counts if the bike knows it's a bike, and doesn't think it's a pedestrian :P.
          Oh yeah, that's what I just loathe about the local bicyclists. It seems they want to be considered the same as a car when it's convenient for them, and a pedestrian when that's convenient for them.

So when they just cross the street at the wrong time or the wrong place, I guess they're supposed to be a pedestrian who always has the right of way?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            So when they just cross the street at the wrong time or the wrong place, I guess they're supposed to be a pedestrian who always has the right of way?
            Laws may differ in other states but here in Massachusetts if a bicylist wishes to exercise rights as a pedestrian he can do so, if he dismounts the bike and walks next to it.

Mounted riders have to obey the same traffic signals as motor vehicles and cannot ride on sidewalks or use pedestrian crosswalks to cross against a light.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
              Laws may differ in other states but here in Massachusetts if a bicylist wishes to exercise rights as a pedestrian he can do so, if he dismounts the bike and walks next to it.
              I hadn't even considered that that might not be standard. I was going based on the fact that the person on the bike was mentioned to have been pedaling.

Comment

They don't automatically and necessarily always have right of way. They also have responsibilities, too. Check your own state laws as it seems to vary.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  They don't automatically and necessarily always have right of way. They also have responsibilities, too. Check your own state laws as it seems to vary.
                  My state is pretty much they always have the right of way.

Comment

Pretty much the same here as well.

So even in situations like which I wrote before, where the idiots are walking in the middle of the road and vehicles are having to swerve around them and do their best to keep an eye out to NOT hit them.....if one of them were to just come darting out of nowhere and into the middle of the road and I hit them.....I'm in trouble.

I'm very glad someone started a thread like this, I was just about to post about that incident. And then just this morning on my way home, another effing moron was walking in the middle of the road YET AGAIN by the apartments here. Hello, these are RENTAL units, the sidewalks here are impecible because the landlords don't want to be sued. Walk on the god damn sidewalk, that is what it's THERE FOR!
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh yeah, that's what I just loathe about the local bicyclists. It seems they want to be considered the same as a car when it's convenient for them, and a pedestrian when that's convenient for them.

sorry that's not a cyclist-that's an asshole who decided to ride a bike-they would still be an asshole in a car, walking, or rollerblading. Judge based on the person, not the mode of transport....

Real cyclists obey all traffic laws-we don't want to die.....
                      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

A lot of the bike-riders* around here are like that too, behaving like pedestrians on wheels rather than actual vehicles. It's gotten to the point where I'm always shocked when I see someone on a bike actually obeying traffic laws.

*out of deference to BlaqueKatt and others who do it right, I won't refer to these yahoos as cyclists.
                        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                          *out of deference to BlaqueKatt and others who do it right, I won't refer to these yahoos as cyclists.
                          I refer to them as "FOD's".

(Future Organ Donors)
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                          X