This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Special

What is it lately with people tailgating me or trying to rush me to go faster.......when we have a STOP SIGN or a RED LIGHT coming right up at us?

Do you not realize it's bad for your brakes to constantly come to a screeching stop? Do you like having to replace your brakes twice every year because you approach and squeal stop at every red light at 55 mph?

Sorry, but I can't afford that. I take my sweet time safely slowing down and coming to a gentle stop. I don't really like when stuff in the backseat comes flying back at me.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Gentle stops and slow goes are better for your mileage too.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Obviously the people you can't stand don't realize both the gas and brakes are analog and have multiple settings. Instead they believe they digital with only 2 states. You can either be slamming the gas and/or brakes. oh have your foot elsewhere.
      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Gentle stops and slow goes are better for your mileage too.
        Pretty sure tires will last longer also.

I also do gentle starts as well as stops. Sure everyone overtakes me, but I don't care. Once I remember one leadfoot in the next lane would rocket past me after each stop... only for me to catch them at the next red light. It was like having a yo-yo in my side view
        Last edited by Talon; 03-09-2010, 02:58 AM.
        Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
        X