Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

surrender your lisence if you don't like my speed.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surrender your lisence if you don't like my speed.

Ok so the other day I'm running late to work. i was in a 35mph and this guy in a monte carlo was barely doing 35mph. So I go to pass him when I had a chance to do it leagal and I'm about to overtake him doing 45mph and he starts closing the distance when he realizes he is being passed. And proceeds to tailgate me for passing him.

Im sorry you were going to damn slow for my liking and my little honda civic passed your car with a much bigger engine. Sometimes I miss driving my ranger all the time, because people stay out of your way. but hell I have ran a trail blazer off the road with my civic.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

That's a great way to get a ticket if a cop happens to see you. Since many people (possibly even most people) are already driving over the speed limit, passing somebody would cause you to stick out like a sore thumb to the po-po.

Of course, that does not excuse the other driver for tailgating you.

As for running an SUV off the road with your Civic--I don't think I want to know what prompted you to do such a thing.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm thinking road rage here.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        That's a great way to get a ticket if a cop happens to see you. Since many people (possibly even most people) are already driving over the speed limit, passing somebody would cause you to stick out like a sore thumb to the po-po.

Of course, that does not excuse the other driver for tailgating you.

As for running an SUV off the road with your Civic--I don't think I want to know what prompted you to do such a thing.

Ok I should mention it a country road that is 50mph for most of it and isn't densely populated but they decided to slow it down. Actually recently they have expanded how much of it is the 50mph and pretty much everyone does 45mph-55.

Running the trail blazer off the road was because at a light the highway goes from 2 lanes each direction down to one lane about 100ft after the light. There was already a trail blazer at the light in the left lane. and i was behind him. The Idiot is driving a 2nd blazer. barely decides to stop at the light that has been red the whole time he was barreling up to it. First blazer see this and when the light went green, Floored it, I follow suit leaving no room for the idiot to cut me off, especially since the right lane ends and the left lane has the right of way. Well he started to merge into the side of my civic, realizing I wasn't go to swerve into the oncoming lane to let his impatient ass over His lane ends and he goes off the side of the road for a bit. Then comes and blows by me and the first blazer, lol it was epic seeing him slam his brakes when he realized he was coming up on the sheriffs office.
        I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Just because people go 45-55 in the 35 zone doesn't make it legal. You'll still get pulled over for speeding.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
            Well he started to merge into the side of my civic, realizing I wasn't go to swerve into the oncoming lane to let his impatient ass over His lane ends and he goes off the side of the road for a bit.
            You do realize that if he didn't go along with your plan, it quite possible it would be your heirs arguing about who had the right of way while they settled your estate after your untimely demise...

Sometimes the other guy is wrong, and the better choice is to rely on karma to ensure he/she gets their due...

SirWired

Comment

Quoth Hobbs View Post
              Just because people go 45-55 in the 35 zone doesn't make it legal. You'll still get pulled over for speeding.
              Depends on the road though. I remember LOL-ing when the 45mph signs went up along Route 218 north of the PA/WV border. Most people go well over that limit--it was widely seen as the biggest joke in the county. You do 45, and you'll have people passing you on the double-yellow line

On that road, there was only one place that the cops would sit--the grange hall about 2 miles out of town. That is, until the grange president got pulled over for speeding. He told the cops that they weren't allowed to sit there any more Now there isn't a speed trap...until you get into West Virginia.

Should mention too, that it's usually *not* a good idea to provoke other drivers. You never know what they're going to do--they could always run *you* off the road. Also, do you want to be held responsible if you cause them to have an accident? Better to let them get *themselves* into trouble.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                You do realize that if he didn't go along with your plan, it quite possible it would be your heirs arguing about who had the right of way while they settled your estate after your untimely demise...

Sometimes the other guy is wrong, and the better choice is to rely on karma to ensure he/she gets their due...

SirWired
                Not to mention that cases where a lane ends is often treated as a merge, so technically he did have right of way.

In any event, although it's nice to know you're right, you don't want to be dead right.

Comment

Quoth slavetotheman View Post
                  Not to mention that cases where a lane ends is often treated as a merge, so technically he did have right of way.
                  No he didn't. Merging traffic doesn't have the right of way so, if a lane ends and it is treated as a merge, then the person whose lane is ending is supposed to yield.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

how to say this constructively....

In my opinion, an examination of your own motivations in both cases would be merited, as I find your reaction to have been suckier than the people you're complaining about.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                      how to say this constructively....

In my opinion, an examination of your own motivations in both cases would be merited, as I find your reaction to have been suckier than the people you're complaining about.
                      The incident that started my post is simple, I wanted to pass him and continue on my way because there wasn't going to be a stop sign for another 4 miles. the fact he was barely doing the speed limit didn't bother be because I waited till I could pass him. I became annoyed at the point where upon being passed he decides to speed up and tailgate me. I don't see how my reaction to him is all that bad. People here, don't seem to like I was speeding. Tough I speed, lots of people speed, I have had to pay for it before, I do it less.

I concede to everyone I'm an aggressive driver, because people out here drive stupid and the best defense needs to be supported by good offense.

For guy in trail blazer, maybe I could have let him cut me off. Of course, I was all by myself and he had several kids in backseat. Not that it gives me the right to drive "reckless" as could be suggested, but I drive completely different when another person in the car with me (excluding, 3 people I know that sanction risking of their lives) and he probably shouldn't race up a red light and slam his brakes like he did.

Now, that I have spoke my peace I guess we should end this thread with a qoute because I got to vent, got some feedback, don't need to start more argument.

In the words of the late George Carlin, may he rest in peace.
                      "“Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?”"

Comment

Just a couple of things.

First we don't want members bragging about breaking the law, even something that many people do, such as speeding.

Second, the OP definitely had the right of way in the above scenario. BUT (and this is addressed to EVERYONE, not just the OP) when driving it's often a good idea to let things like go, even if you're in the right. Otherwise every trip turns into a potential road rage incident where there are no winners. Keep safe.

Everything that needs to be said has been said more than once and this thread is getting very heated.

The OP has also mentioned that he doesn't plan to respond again, so I'm closing it.
                        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                        X