This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to yield and red means go

So much f*cknuttery at the intersection the other day. It frightens me that we have to share the road with these people!

So there's a car ahead of me as we approach the intersection. I want to turn right, and the other car wants to go straight. We can't, though, because we have a cyclist and TWO cars who turned left into the intersection and then stopped as they waited for a pedestrian, effectively blocking the intersection. As the pedestrian finished crossing, cars kept turning left without yielding (this is an unprotected left, so they should be yielding to oncoming traffic, aka US!).

Eventually, the light turned yellow. The car ahead of me rolls forward slightly and stops, deciding he can't make it. Suddenly, though, he changes his mind, and guns it...AFTER the light turns red and he cuts off the cross-traffic!

Is the spring season frying people's brains or something?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
    Is the spring season frying people's brains or something?
    That's got to be the problem. I've been noticing more than the normal amount of stupid the last couple of weeks. Enough that I kept looking at the calendar to convince myself it wasn't a full moon.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
    X