X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since When Was THAT Okay?

Almost forgot about this one.

I was riding the campus shuttle back to the college after parking my car, and we're waiting at a flashing yellow light to turn left. We're sixth in line, and there's a steady stream of cars coming in the opposite direction. So we wait.

I see a navy blue Caravan/Town and Country come speeding up on our right. No biggie, I think. There's two lanes here, and right lane goes straight. She doesn't want to get stuck behind us for going straight.

I was half right.

This special soccer mom van decides to go in the right lane like she was going straight, then SWOOP IN from the right and cut off the person who had been waiting to turn, and turned down the same road we all were waiting to turn on to. How she didn't get creamed by an oncoming car is beyond me, but she didn't. I'm still stunned by this. Never saw anybody do that before in my life.

Lady, didn't you learn in kindergarten? No cutting in line? Especially with a several-ton hunk of metal that could kill someone?

you forgot the one factor that over-rides pretty much anything...

MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I'M more important than ANYONE out there!11!!!!!!one!!!!

if she had gotten hit, she probably would've tried blaming someone else
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

That's one variation of the maneuver I call the "Side Winder".....and yes, I see it a lot, but there's also several different ways of doing it.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah, that takes a set of brass ones, all right.

Still doesn't beat the worst I've seen.

Guy was on the far right, acting like he was making a right turn. The light was red, and cross traffic was moving. He sees an opening, and turns left, across 3 lanes of traffic, going the wrong way to make a u-turn. Everyone waiting at the light was left staring with their mouths opening wondering "WTF?!?"

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My wife was driving me to work one morning on a four lane road. A guy in the right lane decides to make a left turn at an intersection, and cuts across the traffic, promptly getting hit by a car coming the other way. After dropping me off, my wife had to drive back though that intersection to get to her job. The car, and police, were still there. She stopped to offer her eyewitness report, and found out the guy was claiming he had come straight though the intersection, and didn't turn. Of course, my wife told the policeman otherwise.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X