Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kids, can you please stay on the SIDEWALK!!???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids, can you please stay on the SIDEWALK!!???

I was driving home from school earlier and took my normal route home which includes going through a high school area. For some reason, these damn kids thought it was fine and dandy to hop and skip in the middle of the right lane instead of staying on the crosswalk. It held up traffic for a bit and they didn't even seem phased when one person in front of me honked the horn at them. They just looked back and laughed.

Cue lane changes and me almost yelling at them. Windows were down. It was hot. I was ready, but decided not to.
    In the slot machine of life, I am the WILD symbol.

Besides the school kids, we get the neighborhood nuts who use the busses to get everywhere, and when they come back, they absolutely refuse to use the sidewalk. They walk in the middle of the road all the way back to their apartments, each and every one of them.

Makes me hate that on Fridays and Saturdays that I'm out and about in the afternoon and not the morning like during the week. I try to tweak it and go at different times so that I don't go rounding a corner and take one of them out.

They will just walk on the side of the road or even in the middle of it! See why they are the nuts around here?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yelling would make their day. They're enjoying the fact that they can screw with other people's lives...

Comment

Oh I just love when kids...teens....adults...walk in front of my truck and keep glancing back like daring me to pass them. Specially when they decide to stop in front of the next mail box. Oh and it was even better when I was told to move my ass or they were going to move my ass when I didn't just pass them.

Comment

Besides that, they are immortal donchaknow! Wait until they start driving-they'll be the worst at honking and yelling at these guys.
          Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Ugh I hate that! We got an elementary school not even a block over from our house. I go down that street every morning and every afternoon and there are always kids in the middle of the road. I've nearly hit a few because they weren't paying attention.
            We'll also get a group of teens just walking down the center of the road, taking up THE WHOLE ROAD. When honked at, they simply look back and continue walking. A few times I've followed behind them closely, and one stopped to see if I'd hit them, I'd slowly hit the brakes till I was meer inches from him. ( I would so not do this if I didn't have amazing brakes and excellent reaction time). Freaked him out. Friends yelled.
            'Maybe if you GOT OUT OF THE STREET you wouldn't have to worry." When they still won't move. "Get the fuck out of the road or I'm calling the cops." That usually makes them scatter. Quickly.
            Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

I hate that as well, as high school kids love to walk in the street, or if they're waiting for a bus at the bus stop, they'll walk out into the middle of the right lane to see if one is coming, and they don't look before doing that.

Comment

May be a bit of an extreme solution, but maybe you could call the cops on them and/or film them blocking traffic with a cellphone camera?

Course I would do this only if I was passing through the area; if I lived in the area and didn't have a garage I'd worry a bit about retaliation.

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                  May be a bit of an extreme solution, but maybe you could call the cops on them and/or film them blocking traffic with a cellphone camera?
                  Because the cops don't consider that a priority? Quite a few people walk out in the *middle* of the street in certain Pittsburgh neighborhoods. These fools then get upset at drivers when we have to swerve to miss their dumb asses. Annoying, since there's a damn sidewalk about 5 feet to their right
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

If i have a choice between side walk and busy road, i will take the side walk. Years ago some old lady was hit and killed in my area form walking in the road at 4:30-5 am when a side walk was available, in the summer.

Comment

I never understood why we have sidewalks in my neighborhood. No one ever walks on the sidewalks. I drive down the road to see people walking in the middle of the road like they own the street. What is the point of having a sidewalk when no one uses it? I never understood the concept of walking in the middle of the street when their is a sidewalk available, because I do not care who you are or how fast the driver is going but if you get hit by a car it is going to hurt badly.

Comment

Quoth i4wolves View Post
                        I never understood why we have sidewalks in my neighborhood. No one ever walks on the sidewalks.
                        That happens in my development as well. It's a fairly new development, the oldest houses being about 16 years old, and some houses still being built, and there are nice, smooth, level sidewalks. But many of these idiots insist on walking in the middle of the road, sometimes two or three of them side by side, sometimes walking a dog. Sometimes I'll make some frustrated joke about the sidewalks being invisible to idiots.

As far as kids screwing around in the streets, I witnessed a level of stupidity I didn't think possible. It involved three teenage boys, and if they're that stupid, I don't understand how they managed to get as old as they did. I was driving home, and I saw the kids crossing the road diagonally (strike 1), and two of them were shoving each other playfully as they were crossing (strike 2). I slowed down as I got close, even they they were no longer in my path, and it's a good thing I did. The one shoved the other back into the path of my car! I think I may have taught them a few words they never heard before.
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                        X