X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the disabled unloading space...

is not another parking space; see the phrase 'no parking?'
    yes, that means you too.

i saw a mini parked in the unloading area by a disabled space; apparently, they're so special that 'no parking' just doesn't apply to them.

proves that a degree has little or nothing to do with intelligence.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Ugh, I hate when people use those spaces for parking.

A bit OT, but I hope you'll forgive me: about a year ago I was coming out of the grocery store, and saw someone parking in the striped area between my car (in a handicapped space) and another; the driver was able to get out of his vehicle, but I knew I wouldn't be able to get into mine. So I stopped him on his way to the store and said, "Sir, that's not a parking space, and I need you to move your truck."

He looked at me all surprised and asked, "Why? I got out okay." Now, keep in mind this guy was pretty much heroin-chic skinny; I'm quite the opposite. So I replied quite bluntly, "Yeah, but you're starving and I'm fat. I need to get into my car."

He thought about it for a few seconds, then went and moved his truck...to the striped area in the next row. But at least I was able to go home without having to have him towed.
    EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
    ~-~
    Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

I posted on here a couple months back about some lady who'd parked in the handicapped spaces pulling a crazy maneuver. At our Walmart, there's a sidewalk (painted, not paved) between the adjacent handicapped spaces, as well as Handicapped-Only signs blocking attempts at pulling through, so in order to be pointed such that you can get out of the parking space in Drive instead of Reverse, you have to back in to park.

This lady was not to be deterred, however. She angled slightly so that she was driving over the unloading area, between the signs, and right at my toddler and I. She inched along slowly, pushing a shopping cart out of the way with her car, then drove up the sidewalk to exit by the lamp post and garbage can at the end.

Quoth Aisling View Post
      He thought about it for a few seconds, then went and moved his truck...to the striped area in the next row. But at least I was able to go home without having to have him towed.
      Aww, you should have had him towed! But I like your comeback.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

We get small cars and motorcycles doing this all the time in our parking lots. I have them paged to move, then explain the purpose of the stripped lines. They never get it.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Despite being a rather normal looking 20 something, I have a gimp leg and need to get into my car by sitting sort of side-saddle and then swinging my legs into the car. Which is very frustrating because most people seem to assume that the only thing that a disabled person needs is to be close to the door.
          Really fun when I can't get into my car because someone parked in the lined area. Almost as much fun as when there are no handicap spots available and I have to take up two normal spaces. Even in lots that have big spaces that should give enough room for me to open my door wide, there will still be someone who manages to park close enough to my car that an Olsen twin couldn't get in, much less someone who needs the door almost all the way open.
          The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
          If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Working...
          X