X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balls Of Steel....

...brains of Ramen Noodles.

Lately I have been noticing a lot of people getting ballsy and actually giving up on waiting and just darting into traffic. One woman last weekend on my way to the mall nearly caused a HUGE accident.

That part of town is notorious for long waits if you are turning left because the roads are so busy. This is why I either don't go to any of those businesses where I'd have to turn left to get out, or realize the risk and wait. Sure I get pissed and antsy, but I would never, ever do what this dumb bitch did.

Double points because she actually made eye contact and SAW me coming. This woman was waiting to turn left, I was approaching from one way, several others were coming from another, and this dumb woman just pulled out in the middle of oncoming traffic! All of us had to slam on our brakes and naturally, everyone laid on their horns and some fingers were raised.

Dumb bitch just rolled on her merry way, flipping the bird back.

Today leaving the gym, I was stopped at a 4 way stop, going straight. Some moron in an SUV was approaching from my right, and was going to turn right and go the same way I was intending. I should have been able to go, because he hadn't even stopped yet.....but as soon as I started to let off the brake, he looked RIGHT at me and sped up and blew the sign, taking the turn as fast as he could and went on his merry way. Mother fucker.

Then on the way to the tanning salon, I was in a lane that was either left or straight, and I was going straight. People turning right had a red light, I had green. I proceeded almost all the way through and this idiot in a Saturn blew the red light making a right turn as fast as they could to try to avoid collision, but blatantly doing it even though they knew I was coming.

Morons. All of them.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

it's a good thing you didn't hit anyone and no one hit you...that would've made a crappy traffic day worse!

Quoth blas View Post
    Then on the way to the tanning salon, I was in a lane that was either left or straight, and I was going straight. People turning right had a red light, I had green. I proceeded almost all the way through and this idiot in a Saturn blew the red light making a right turn as fast as they could to try to avoid collision, but blatantly doing it even though they knew I was coming.
    something similar to this happened to my dad and me today. we were in the right lane of a two lane major thoroughfare and this idiot didn't stop when turning right off a side-street. if my dad hadn't slammed on the breaks, he would've hit her. i don't know what goes through people's heads!
    If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
    ^_^

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
      i don't know what goes through people's heads!
      Air, mostly. Sometimes a cobweb or two.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Since their brains are apparently made of Ramen Noodles, probably water. Sewage water.

Comment

try being a delivery driver and having to observe shit like that ALL the time. AND the COPS are NEVER around when these so-called drivers do stupid things like that. Because I HAVE to be an observant driver I have avoided accidents too many times.

too many time I have seen people blow through red lights, stop signs, red left (and right) turn signals, ignore Yield signs, solid lane lines (means no lane changing), construction zone warning signs, and the kicker trying to turn LEFT in front of me when I have the straight right-of-way (they see me coming and wait until the last possible moment like I am 20 feet from the intersection to turn left)
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I get people passing me at intersections (which is very illegal, not to mention dangerous). All. The. Time.
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

i don't know what goes through people's heads!
              i do: "me, me, it's MY turn, me me me, MY TURN, DAMMIT! me me me..."
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I had one happen to me a few weeks ago - On a oneway, downtown, in 3rd lane from the left, stopped at a light, asshole in an suv pulls out of a driveway, at an angle, trying to force his way between my little sedan, and the sedan in front of me - he is causing the vehicles on my left to go around him if they want to stay in their lane; He does not use any driver etiquette, and "ask" for permission to get in/over... so I let off my brake, and inch up on the bumper of the car in front of me - the light turns green and he slams on his gas and jumps across 3 lanes of traffic to turn Right down the cross street. naturally I laid on my horn, and gave him the one-fingered salute. (my brother provided 2 more)
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Green_Fairy View Post
                  . i don't know what goes through people's heads!

Eventually their asses, if they keep driving like that.

Comment

I saw something like that about a couple of weeks ago, as I was heading home from work. The left turn arrow had just turned red, and someone still made the turn, just as the light turned green at the opposite side of the street. Fortunately, the person in the right lane was paying attention, as they were able to brake and avoid hitting the red light running vehicle.

Comment

Last night on the way to my boyfriend's house, I was waiting to turn right, it was red but I was behind someone going straight and there were too many people coming so I couldn't go. The light was yellow, then red....and a truck went roaring right through the red light. And no, this wasn't last second yellow to red....it had been red. Thank gosh the person in front of me was paying attention.

Comment

I think the problem is that people figure, at either a stop sign or turning right on red, "Well, I've made my stop, I can go now". Regardless of if there is oncoming traffic.

And nobody around here knows how to work a 4-way stop.

What's really bizarre is what happened to me the other day. I was sitting at a stop sign waiting for some woman on the cross-street (that doesn't have a stop) to get by me so I could go. What does she do? She stops and tries to wave me through. I've been seeing a lot of people stopping where there's no stop sign a lot lately.

Especially at Cottonwood Mall. All of the entrances coming in don't have to stop. Makes sense. Especially like the ones coming in off of Coors and Coors ByPass, speed limits are 40mph and 45mph respectively. The road that runs the peripheral of the mall has stop signs at all of these entrances with a sign telling you that cross traffic does not stop.

So guess what happens. That's right, get people coming in stopping all the time. Makes things especially fun around Christmas.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

As a rule of thumb, I never go as soon as the light's green - I make sure all cross traffic has stopped at their red. Saved my ass a few times that way!

Screw the idiot behind me who think his horn is God's gift to the world! I'm NOT going to get t-boned (again) just so that idiot can speed on to the next red light.
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

It's my God given right to turn right on red...dammit!

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                              It's my God Frogger given right to turn right on red...dammit!
                              Game <on> adjustment.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X