This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, thats condensate.

For the last few days it has been in the high 90's and humid. Today it was 105 according to my car. I was running a few errands. I pulled into a strip mall parking lot and park when I got a important call. I stayed in the car with the engine and AC running for about three minutes while I finished the call. I finish the call, shut off the car, crack the windows, get out and lock the door. I get 5 feet from the car...

Old Lady: Sir, Sir, SIRRRRRR!!!!!
    M: Yes.
    OL: Your CAR!
    M: *looks* Yes?
    OL: It's leaking gassss!
    M: *sees small puddle of something by front passenger side, take quick look* It's just condensate from the AC, water.
    OL: No, it's gas.
    M: *sticks finger in it* Nope. Just water.
    OL: You sure.
    OL: Positive?

I go about my errands at several stores. My last stop was the supermarket for ice cream. As I am walking up to my car, OL is just getting in hers a few spaces over.

OL: *sitting in drivers seat, door open YELLS* Wait to I leave before you blow up!!!!
    Me: What? *presses remote start, vroom*
    OL: *Slams door, turns away, a few second later looks, opes door* You'll DIE! I warned you!

I get in my car and drive off, I look and OL flips me the bird as I pull out.

.......uh.....(logs off, and logs back in) what? well depending on how brave you are, you could have (or at least faked) tasted the 'gas' and said "just water"
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

Another nut escaped the looney bin.

Any time you run your A/C, you leave a puddle when you park. It's. Just. Water. Ya know, sometimes if you have a wall A/C unit at home you get a little streak of water going down the outside wall?

Maybe she's never heard of A/C
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, there is so much fun you could have had with that...
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

My guess is when some people get old they start rapidly losing their minds and start regressing back to childhood.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
            My guess is when some people get old they start rapidly losing their minds and start regressing back to childhood.
            Hmmmm. Based on the persons age it is very likely that they didn't grow up where A/C was the norm like it is now.

Comment

At least your smart to know what it is. . . not everyone does which is a common mistake.

But some people come into my shop freaking out saying "It's leaking oil!" and of course we inspect it and find nothing just condensate. Course it's either the "Thank goodness" reply or the "NO its oil, I'm taking it elsewhere" which agitates me for the sake that if they came in looking for a professional opinion and waste our time then why start doubting us? Effin Morons
              "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

See, it's not gas! <gets out lighter>
                To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
                my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Quoth joe hx View Post
                  See, it's not gas! <gets out lighter>
                  Just this once it is...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

mmm, premium unleaded, my favorite!

seriously? what is it with old people and needing to stick their noses almost every freaking where?
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

This reminds me of a mishap with the family car when I was a kid. We had an old Mercury Zephyr station wagon that by then was starting to get a bit on the well worn side, and one day coming back from church, the car just petered out in the middle of the road. It stopped in front of a house, and as we were piling out of the car and mom freaking out trying to figure out what to do, this old lady comes out of the house screeching. "IS THAT CAR GOING TO BLOW UP!? THAT CAR BETTER NOT BLOW UP!! YOU HEAR ME!? IS THAT CAR GOING TO BLOW UP!?"

Seriously lady, if it was going to blow up, I don't think we'd be standing next to it with the hood up trying to figure out why it quit.
                      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

You think that's apeshit over condensate or a car that's just plain dead?

My landlord forbids our A/C units from leaking any water. If they are, we have to remove them and get new ones. And the stupid son of a bitch actually makes rounds during the summer up and down the porches to look at the walls and see if any of them are dripping. Just another reason I need to move out as soon as my lease is up. They are beyond crazy. I thought "no candles" was nuts, but this is beyond nuts.

Yeah, A/C units never ever condensate.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          You think that's apeshit over condensate or a car that's just plain dead?

My landlord forbids our A/C units from leaking any water. If they are, we have to remove them and get new ones. And the stupid son of a bitch actually makes rounds during the summer up and down the porches to look at the walls and see if any of them are dripping. Just another reason I need to move out as soon as my lease is up. They are beyond crazy. I thought "no candles" was nuts, but this is beyond nuts.

Yeah, A/C units never ever condensate.
                          Huh? Unless you live in maybe Arizona or some other hot dry climate without much humidity cold coils and humid air WILL create condensate.

Comment

Pardon the threadjack, just the reaction from the OP's story about people being idiots about condensate......I felt the need to add one of our stupid lease "rules".

Yes, it's a rule. I have caught the maintenance guy walking up and down the porches and balconies looking at everyone's A/C units, and every time I just hope and pray that there isn't anything going on, or I hope it's a day I don't need it.

But do read above...we also aren't allowed to have candles. So that settles it. They are idiots.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              My landlord forbids our A/C units from leaking any water. If they are, we have to remove them and get new ones.
                              Do you have to provide your own A/C units?

I think most A/C units have a condensate outlet that can be connected to a hose to channel the water to a drain. In my experience, most people don't do that.
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X