This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday drivers are idiot drivers

So, by now I'm used to seeing idiotic behavior on the interstate on Friday afternoons. People drifting in and out of lanes, not signaling, etc.

This particular stretch is two lanes, each way. I was in the left lane, passing people. Not going too fast...a bit over 70, speed limit is 65 mph. Suddenly, a pickup truck comes up behind me, very quickly. He's tailgating me so closely, I can't even see his front bumper. I tap my brake a couple times, and he refuses to back off. Now, traffic is pretty heavy. There isn't anywhere immediately in the right lane where I can safely merge back in. By this point I'm going a bit over 75, and he still won't back off.

Now get this...this guy starts waving at me to get in the other lane. Like pointing with his finger like he is directing me. He does this repeatedly. Does he think he owns the road or something? I simply wagged my finger back at him. I'm sure he wasn't happy about that.

Finally, I do find a spot where I can get back in the right lane. He of course, zooms past me, and continues on. I observed him quickly changing lanes up ahead, multiple times. He must have been going well over 90 mph by the time I lost sight of him.

Next time something like this happens, I'm going to do my best to get the license plate number and then call 911 on my bluetooth. Idiot is going to get someone killed eventually. If I had slammed on my brakes, there was no way he would have been able to stop in time, with how close he was tailgating me.

Ohh, those people!

I love the hand gestures. Yeah, like you're in any position to tell others what to do.

I hate when I'm passing people who are going 45-55 in the 65 mph zone freeway, so I'm up to 70 or maybe a tad more, and people wanting to go 80+ zoom up on me and get all aggressive for me to move over. It's not like I want to be in the left lane or dealing with you. Sod off.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I hate those people. They obviously can't see the string of cars to the right of you or the string of cars ahead of you. As somehow the laws of physics will changed because they planned poorly.

Comment

This is my number 1 driving HATE! I have the right to go the speed limit. I have the right to be in this lane. I will not, however, tap the brakes. I will slow down [i]to[/] the speed limit, as I usually go 5 over. You can just slow down and grind your teeth or hit me. Either way, I win; I need a new car anyway.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
          I simply wagged my finger back at him. I'm sure he wasn't happy about that.
          So, tell me...exactly which finger were you using to wave back at him?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I have the feeling the OP was telling the other driver that "He's number ONE in my book!"

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              IQ?

Sperm count?

Number of parents?
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I have the right to go the speed limit.
                You have the right to go much slower than that. In most states, you can go as slow as you want, or even come to a complete stop and stay that way, so long as you're not blocking traffic. Cops do this all the time around here, parked in the middle of a dead road doing paperwork -- they move if you come up behind them. The exception, of course, is restricted highways, where most states enforce a minimum speed (not Wisconsin, surprisingly). Even then, the minimum is usually 20-25 less than the limit. If someone won't back off, I'll slow down to a speed that's safe for that bumper clearance. If you will endanger my life, I will waste your time. It's the least I can legally do.

Actually, you know... I should ask a lawyer about whether you can sue for reckless endangerment when people tailgate.

Comment

Quoth roothorick View Post
                  The exception, of course, is restricted highways, where most states enforce a minimum speed (not Wisconsin, surprisingly). Even then, the minimum is usually 20-25 less than the limit.
                  all of the highways here have minimum speeds. I have spoken with some (off duty) cops who say that they will aggressively ticket people for going just UNDER the limit, however, if they are actively slowing everybody else down -- this usually does not apply for the far-right lane, however. If you're doing the limit in the left-hand lane and not really passing -- yeah, ticket. (It is actually illegal (albeit all but unenforceable) in this state to use the left lane for anything BUT passing -- the second-from-left is the transit lane)

Actually, you know... I should ask a lawyer about whether you can sue for reckless endangerment when people tailgate.
                  I would imagine so, but, yeah, that's definitely attorney turf.
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    This is my number 1 driving HATE! I have the right to go the speed limit.
                    Never mind rights, the speed limit is the law!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I just stop looking at them. Who cares if they want me to move over? If I am going faster than the lane to the right of me, I'm passing and they can go eat a big help of STFU.

Comment

Working...
                      X