This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want to think about what I *almost* witnessed today

Walking back from the gas station to my car after getting some slushy goodness, I hear brakes SQUEAL coupled by the screams of some young children. Saw a cement truck SLAMMING its brakes on after completely blowing a stop sign. Need I mention this was 3:30pm? In a school zone? Thank GOD the kids that were crossing the road (they had the right of way!!!) jumped out of the way in time, my heart was in my throat at the thought of what would have happened if one of them had been hit.

And you gotta love the age of technology....Moron Driving Cement Truck doesn't even get out to check and make sure he DIDN'T hit anybody, just starts going his merry way. More than 10 kids (and the drivers of two cars who witnessed the entire incident) whip out their cell phones, no doubt calling the cops.

That was enough of a scare for a month!!!
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt....
    I'm glad the kids are ok, and I hope they all got the plate of that asshat, and that the police are kind enough to give him a lovely set of bracelets. *fume*
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

What do you want to bet that at least one of those cell phones being whipped out was used to take pictures?

Yeek! I hope that guy gets nailed for that one.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        What do you want to bet that at least one of those cell phones being whipped out was used to take pictures?

^-.-^
        Depends...if any of those pictures include a clear shot of his license plate...^_^

But yeah, I hope they find this guy, revoke his CDL, and remove him from that job >_>
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I hope they caught that guy, and that he got fired from his job as well.

Comment

or maybe calling the company the driver works for
            especially if there's a "how's my driving" diamond on the back

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt....
              I'm glad the kids are ok, and I hope they all got the plate of that asshat, and that the police are kind enough to give him a lovely set of bracelets. *fume*
              The fact that it was cement truck make its much easier to locate. Not many of those to find.

Comment

Working...
              X