This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wheels on the Truck Go 'Round & 'Round

Except when the wheels are too big to fit in the wheel wells!

This 80s-style truck (a major rust bucket) with a home-job lift kit installed was going down the street in front of me. I was hanging back from it because after it changed lanes (the left lane merged into the right) it kept running up on the curb. At first I thought that the driver might be drunk and I was reaching for my cellphone when the truck's left turn signal came on and the truck came to a stop. As they turned I discovered the true cause of the driving difficulty:

As the truck made its left turn I could see the tires locking up against the inside of the wheel well! Instead of the 90 degree turn it was trying to make, the driver was lucky if the truck was able to make 35 degrees. I was laughing my ass off as the truck went nose first into the ditch next to the driveway they were pulling into!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

I see plenty of trucks like that locally. Quite a few people here think that you "need" a lift kit and 25-inch rims to negotiate Pittsburgh streets. Yes, our potholes suck, but the minimal rubber on those vehicles, I'm sure they suck more!

The best though, has to be the kids with the riced-out economy cars. Rather than lower them properly...quite a few of those idiots simply cut the springs. Then they can't figure out why their "mAd tYte" ride is bouncing all over the place.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      I see plenty of trucks like that locally. Quite a few people here think that you "need" a lift kit and 25-inch rims to negotiate Pittsburgh streets.
      25 inch rims on a class 1 vehicle? I've got 22.5 inch rims on my "other car", but some people prefer the larger of the 2 standard sizes (24.5 inches). BTW, my "other car" has 18 wheels.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        25 inch rims on a class 1 vehicle?
        Maybe I was being a bit generous there But, it doesn't surprise me what some local idiots do with their cars. I've seen a few 1980s full-size sedans jacked up with huge rims under them. There's no way in hell that thing doesn't handle like an overladen hippo in corners, and probably bobs like a boat. Also not helping, is the minimal air their tires contain. They look like rubber bands stretched over the rims
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Yeh, it's not a look I understand. Or particularly want to.

And then there is the other extreme: (audio NSFW)
          http://zanypickle.com/2010/04/crazy-...insane-camber/

There's pics of an even crazier drop around, but I don't have time to hunt for it........
          There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
            There's pics of an even crazier drop around, but I don't have time to hunt for it........
            That wouldn't be this guy, would it?

And for laughs, check out the pic and comment in the last post on this page:
            http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/vie....php?p=4384572

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              I've seen a few 1980s full-size sedans jacked up with huge rims under them.
              How about a 1965 Corvair?

(That's Doc Nickel's car, he of the Whiteboard. Of course if you see something like that, in Alaska, driven by a polar bear, you don't generally harass the driver...)

Comment

Working...
              X