This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be an idiot; I'm not stopping

So today, we had to do the paper route in the "light dusting" of snow that was forecasted for our area, and by "light dusting" I mean 3-4" of snow!!! Fortunately, I obsessively hoard cable chains, and the major roads weren't half bad, but I digress.

We're going up a hill, and it's slippery, so we do not want to stop, or else we'll have trouble starting again. A group of idiots in playing in the street. They're not moving. We slow down, but refuse to actually stop on the hill.

Right in front of us, one of them runs and jumps on a skateboard he'd placed in the middle of the road. He immediately flips over onto his ass. It is a good thing that his plot was foiled, because if it had worked like he'd imagined it, he would have ended up in our car.

Fortunately, that was the only stupid we encountered, and we were able to finish the route. Special thanks to Hubby, who is possibly the only person from SoCal who can not only drive in the snow, he can drive very well in the snow (better than myself and most locals here). The plows also did an amazing job of clearing the major roads as well, especially considering we weren't expected to get dumped on like we did.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Working...
X