This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong way

Last night hubby and I were on our way home from visiting his parents, we happened to be driving along a divided highway (well highway is semi-debatable as the speed limit is only 45 and it isn't that highly used but still two lanes in each direction and a nice big median) when we noticed that the headlights that we saw in the distance were not going around a corner but rather were directly ahead of us and driving straight. Yep, that’s right there was a moron driving on the wrong side of the road.

Better yet she didn't even seem to react to us being there. I laid on my horn and she kind of swerved a bit but didn't change lanes, like she was reacting to the sound but couldn't figure out what the problem was. I barely had enough time to jump over to the other lane before the old bat blew past us, I was actually afraid that she was going to take off the passenger side mirror. She didn't even look at us when she passed.

Hubby called the cops as I was driving and was able to tell them exactly where we were (he actually knew the road names I could have just told them we were by the food lion, which isn't quite as helpful). I haven't seen any news about her yet so I can only hope that they caught her before she did any damage.

Fucking loon.

Drunk lady did this around where I live (and it's REALLY DAMN HARD to get onto my highway going the wrong way) and killed four guys by hitting their car head on. Several trucks were able to swerve out of her way but she was going 55-65 and so were they so when these guys hit her, they didn't have a chance.

I feel like there have been a rash of these to be honest, just people getting on the highway the wrong way and having no idea. I mean, there are huge red signs saying "wrong way" on the entrance ramps here and it's pretty hard to get on the wrong way, in my opinion...all the turns aren't natural to me.

Comment

Was it an old bag in a blue/wood station wagon? Cause one was caught on video a few weeks ago and hasn't been caught yet....(Shudders)
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Was it an old bag in a blue/wood station wagon? Cause one was caught on video a few weeks ago and hasn't been caught yet....(Shudders)
        How can you not find a blue and wood station wagon? I'd think it would stand out.

Back on topic, kinda, there's nothing that scared me nearly as much as going to the grocery store one night with my newborn and his older brother, going up the off ramp from 675 and having headlights coming down at me.

Granted, I can see how that mistake can be made at that particular place, but it didn't make it any less frightening at the time.

Comment

Quoth Gaki View Post
          I mean, there are huge red signs saying "wrong way" on the entrance ramps here and it's pretty hard to get on the wrong way, in my opinion...all the turns aren't natural to me.
          Not only that, but the reflective road dots show red if you're going the wrong way.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My dad got hit head on by someone going the wrong way one morning when I was a little kid. It crushed both his knees pretty good, aggravating his old track injury. It was such a stupid place for it too, as you can see both sides of the highway he was on clearly, so you can see the other lanes going the correct way. I've never heard what the deal with the driver was, but dad's legs recovered well enough that you can't tell he has problems with it unless you know what to look for.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

A good friend of my mom's was killed on the freeway by some guy going the wrong way.

Comment

Several years ago a old lady entered the local public school/library complex, which has a divided roadway with a grass median the wrong direction during the dissimial time for the HS, side swiped a bus and a car and tried to cross the median hitting a light pole. Their license had been revoked because they were blind. They were trying return a book to the library. Only the blind driver suffered a few cuts and bruises.

Comment

Happened in my city 3 years ago. The driver involved got a suspended sentence and two years probation for the fatal accident she caused.

Comment

Working...
                  X