This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I swear they are trying to kill me

or having a lighted sign on top of my car makes me a target.

two tales of very very very NEAR misses (and not in the airline sense of near misses ie. a couple of hundred feet) as in inches or millimeters or less.

both of these stories take place on the same road. this road passes in the back of the local arena complex and football stadium. now there sections that allow one to turn into and out of the parking lots. this sometimes makes for "interesting" and heartstopping situations

See me, FEEL ME crunching you

Tonight I was driving on theabove mentioned road. as I had to make a left turn at the next light I was in the left lane. a car pulls out of the arena parking lot to the middle of the street (it is sort of a "protected area") and stops as I approach. then Mr Blind Dumbass (there was NO WAY IN HELL he coulld have NOT seem me approach) decides to pull out in front of me when I am less than 20 feet away. Thank whatever diety that there was no cars in the right lane as I panic swerved/slid sideways to avoid T-boning the dumbass

Powering your way to crunch time

same road about 4 weeks ago just after the big snow storm. I am going the same direction as above.

this time a car pulls out of the stadium parking lot to try and get into my direction of traffic. now the streests are still slick and slippery with snow. the driver of this car decides to "power" their way into the street by gunning the engine. this causes some "unexpected" side effects such as the car swerving from side to side so the car ends up hurtling toward the curb.

I am traveling a a very slow pace because of the road conditions. as the above car is swinging back and forth I am approaching. the car then goes a bit out of control as I am REALLY close. trying NOT to lose control myself I swing the steering wheel to get my car as close to curb as possible hoping to avoid ANY contact with the out of control car. the other car continues it power slide toward my lane. I am literally praying at this point because I do not have any "out" nor anywhere to go and I can not just slam on the brakes. I look out the window and can literally see the writing on the headlights of the other car. I am thinking I am going to get seriously side scraped.

I guess I was going "fast" enough and Good forture smiled on me. I managed to pass the other car without a scratch. from what I could see I was mere millimeters from having my car gashed.

To the other driver: LEARN your limitations and LEARN how to drive in snow.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Sorry about the near-hits**, glad your ok tho!! The snow remains probably didn't help, but some people don't know how to drive regardless of conditions. I bet they figured they'd get to to speed quickly with minimal hassle.

** Off topic - As george carlin once said. "Near miss. When two planes almost collide, they call it a near-miss. Its a near-hit! A COLLISION is a near-miss. Boom pow. Oh look they nearly missed"
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      As I had to make a left turn at the next light I was in the left lane. a car pulls out of the arena parking lot to the middle of the street (it is sort of a "protected area") and stops as I approach. then Mr Blind Dumbass (there was NO WAY IN HELL he coulld have NOT seem me approach) decides to pull out in front of me when I am less than 20 feet away. Thank whatever diety that there was no cars in the right lane as I panic swerved/slid sideways to avoid T-boning the dumbass
      This is a common tactic for people pulling insurance scams. You rear-end them, then they either hit you up for a cash settlement to not report your negligence or they file with your insurance and your rates go up. Be careful out there.

Time to pick a different route home.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
        This is a common tactic for people pulling insurance scams. You rear-end them, then they either hit you up for a cash settlement to not report your negligence or they file with your insurance and your rates go up. Be careful out there.

Time to pick a different route home.
        no rear ending possible. if I had not swerved to the right I would have T-boned the other car in the middle of the passenger door.

Comment

There's a reason I don't drive on your side of town.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            There's a reason I don't drive on your side of town.
            East side west side it all the same to me one big blur---- crazy drivers are everywhere esp in winter

Comment

Working...
            X