This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong way!

Went out to an early dinner with Evil Empryss and her family this afternoon, with EE driving.

After eating, EE drove to pull out from a parking lot to make a right hand turn towards our local game store so the Evil Prince could spend his birthday money. A lady in front of her makes a left hand turn, which has all of us gasping in shock: you can't turn left out of this parking lot because there is a cement barrier preventing it (not to mention the no left turn sign that the dumb git ignored).

She then starts driving the wrong way up the street towards the light We can see the oncoming traffic.

Fortunately for her, she also realized she could not make the right turn, and make a quick U turn to go the other way.

Yet another Darwin Award, barely missed out on.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Buh-wha?

There's a stretch of road here where there's an off-ramp from the highway and three driving lanes of traffic, and thus the small businesses along there all the way to the first traffic light have No Left Turn signs at their entrances/exits. People still ignore them, but at least in their defense, there's no cement barrier (just three lanes of traffic blocking them). But to drive the wrong way up the street because of the barrier? Where's a cop when you really need 'em?
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I did something almost as bad once, back in '96: I pulled out of a parking lot one evening onto what I didn't realize was a divided roadway, intending to make a left, and didn't even notice that there was a concrete median in the middle of the road until I drove up and over the damn thing. Fortunately my Blazer not only had high ground clearance, but the factory skid plates, so the drive train and fuel tank were protected; I still knocked my tailpipe off coming down.

Comment

Working...
      X