This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're the stupid one

Someone almost side-swiped me today and then flipped me off, even though they were the idiot ones.

Here is a map to help, as I'm not sure how well I can explain this junction:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.011362&z=17

So, there are two south-bound on-ramps (on the map, southbound is to the right and northbound is to the left). One is for traffic traveling north on Meridian St, the other is for traffic traveling south. (But bhskittykatt, why are there not two northbound on-ramps? Because the only think that way is GK-land and who the hell wants to go there? Hey, I didn't lay things out. Take it up with whoever designed the thing.)

As you are going south on Meridian St (as I was), the lane branches off in the 1/4 cloverleaf. It runs alongside McLeod Rd until it branches off of there and goes to the interstate. I-5 traffic has it's own lane, and McLeod traffic has it's own lane.

As my lane swerved off of Meridian St, another car was turning left onto McLeod. Remember, if they wanted on the interstate going southbound, they had their own on-ramp they would have turned right on. But they turned left onto McLeod instead.

So I don't expect them to move over. We're going along, and I'm slightly behind them. Just as we approach the "point of no return" where my lane makes a sharp curve towards the interstate, they started to swerve over. Of course, I was there, so they couldn't, so they swerved back, slowed down, and the passenger graciously reached his hand out into the pouring rain to flip me off. It should be noted that at no point did this other vehicle even signal their intentions.

So, (1) you ignore your very own on-ramp for the direction you'd been traveling in, instead turning to try and use the other one for ??? I can't think of a good reason. And (2) you do not signal at all. And (3) you wait until the very last minute to swerve in, at which point you realize it's too late, almost side-swiping me in the process. And you are flipping me off?!?!?!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

<sarcasm>Sure, do you think it was their mistake? Come on, they are ALWAYS right, remember </sarcasm>

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. I'm starting to take count of the number of people who flip me off because they are sitting chatting on their phones while the light has turned green, or because they tried to get into my lane while I'm still there, or they ignored the 4 way stop (or just didn't look to see that I'd already started going) and nearly hit me.

I'm starting to regret getting mad at the people who laughed when they nearly caused accidents with me. At least they didn't flip me off.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Tuesday when i was coming home from Bill's house when I went to get on the GSP south I seen some idiot going the opposite way on the on ramp. When we go shopping next week I'm gonna tell him, he'll probably have the same reaction I did.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

Even though it's on a much smaller/slower scale, I always love it when people go the wrong way in the parking lot for the local stripmall -- the signs indicating which way to go are clear and plentiful; the parking lanes are diagonal and obviously intended to be approached from one direction only; the place is popular enough that there is almost always someone going the RIGHT way (and taking up most of the lane) quite often....and yet, people go the wrong way and try to "go around" the 4 cars going the RIGHT way, somehow oblivious to the fact that they're doing it all wrong...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            Even though it's on a much smaller/slower scale, I always love it when people go the wrong way in the parking lot for the local stripmall -- the signs indicating which way to go are clear and plentiful; the parking lanes are diagonal and obviously intended to be approached from one direction only;
            Ah yes - the dreaded "nose-in" parkers. Don't they realize that when they're leaving, they'll need to get virtually the whole length of their vehicle into the aisle before they can see traffic coming along? When you're parked properly, you can see oncoming traffic before you start to pull out (or at most, when you've pulled out a couple feet, if a van or SUV is parked nose-in beside you).
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Even though it's on a much smaller/slower scale, I always love it when people go the wrong way in the parking lot for the local stripmall -- the signs indicating which way to go are clear and plentiful; the parking lanes are diagonal and obviously intended to be approached from one direction only; the place is popular enough that there is almost always someone going the RIGHT way (and taking up most of the lane) quite often....and yet, people go the wrong way and try to "go around" the 4 cars going the RIGHT way, somehow oblivious to the fact that they're doing it all wrong...
              God, Hubs actually did this the other day. Managed to swing the car around to get into a spot, but then he pulled all the way through. Then when he left...he proceeded the wrong way out. I yelled at him the whole time for it, too. (It is one of my greatest pet peeves. He knows this, so I think he just was trying to get a rise out of me that day!)
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Ah ha... Now I know what part of this lovely state you are in. I used to work up there and know EXACTLY where you are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                X