Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, I was driving home this morning and a white pick up came literally ROARING up my ass. I was doing 45 in a 40. I'm a naughty girl and tend to always do about 5 over, intentionally or not.

Granted, it was a double yellow line, but I've passed people on them before and I would have preferred this inbreed just pass me instead of plaster his enormous stupid truck to my back end.

The best part is that when we were getting out of the woods and back into town, I was slowing down for the stop sign.....he was STILL on my ass.

And no, this isn't a rare occurance. I have been tailgated to the moment I stop, and I have been followed through stop signs before constantly. It's insanity.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      I'm rarely in any kind of hurry.
      I am sometimes in a hurry...but never in THAT much of a hurry. Not enough to TG somebody. It probably doesn't hurt that I don't have the best perception of how far people/cars are away from me, so I end up giving other cars TOO much room more often than not. Unfortunately, this also makes me a really shitty parallel-parker. I avoid doing so at all costs.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm a royal bitch. I start slowing down when they get too close. They back off, up to the limit I go, They close in, slow again. I allow PLENTY of extra time to get where I am going. I assume that traffic will make me at least 30 minutes late, even when i know better. lol.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Granted, it was a double yellow line, but I've passed people on them before and I would have preferred this inbreed just pass me instead of plaster his enormous stupid truck to my back end.
          See, that's what tells me they're just dickwad bullies and not genuinely in a hurry to get anywhere.

They're willing to speed illegally, they're willing to tailgate illegally, but passing illegally is suddenly an ethical dealbreaker for them? Really?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            I also will not do the brake tap.
            I usually just coast down, if I even bother to respond visibly to the tailgaters at all. My one exception was in the thread I posted recently, where I was coming up on a left turn I needed to make and didn't want the tailgater to be caught off guard by my "sudden" turn (I slow and signal, but tailgaters rarely pay attention to anything beyond intimidating the car in front of them), and I really didn't want the tailgater wedged in my bumper. So I brake-checked him there, and got the "WTF?" gesture in response. Heaven help him if there'd been a kid running across the road in front of me (we were in a residential area).
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              I usually just coast down, if I even bother to respond visibly to the tailgaters at all.
              I do the same. I also reply to their...uh...colorful sign language with a huge Joker Smile (tm) and a friendly wave. If ya can't beat 'em, confuse 'em.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I've blown people big kisses. They don't seem to be quite sure how to respond to that.

Comment

This is actually pretty good:

(from here

The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Heh. interesting that you picked bikers....

We have the "share the road" law here but drivers hate it and will honk at bikers to get out of their way anyway.

my BF gave me a nice bright bike light for that... cos when it's on it will annoy the fuck out of anyone who is directly behind me... meaning that if a car is trying to creep up my asshole the annoying light will "encourage" them to pull to the left.

Comment

My husband actually slows down when people do this so they learn a lesson.

Comment

I've blown people big kisses. They don't seem to be quite sure how to respond to that.

I..I should do that! I love it!
                        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                        -----
                        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

...I now just pull out my camera and start shooting. So far, everyone I've done that to freaks out and backs off...
                          Don't do this in California -- this year they passed a law that "taking a photograph from a moving car is now illegal." It may be meant against paparazzi. But it is one of those poorly written, too-all-encompassing laws. Heck, even if you are a passenger taking a picture of a scenic area while the car you are in is moving you have now broken the law.
                          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

This morning as I was on my way to work, some guy was tailgating me. It's a two lane highway and there was someone in front of me. We were coming up to a light and the light just turned yellow. Normally, I would blow through it. This time I decided to stop which illicited the "Wha?" gesture from the guy behind me. Oh well. And then of course, he was right back on my tail when the light turned green. You know...I can't go faster than the car in front of me.....

Comment

As I've said, they are stupid and there are no exceptions to this rule.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                                You know...I can't go faster than the car in front of me.....
                                Psh...What are you thinking, bringing LOGIC into something like this...How silly

Comment

Working...
                                X