This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meandering Cop

So, I'm headed home the other day after making a detour to the local shopping center. It's on the way home, but one major street over. To get to it form the street we take home (both work & home are off of the same major street) one has to take one of the many streets that connect our street with the two sections of this street (one west, one east) that flank a major freight line that runs below street level but open to the air but for the crossings.

Anyway, we're on one of these many cross streets to turn onto our street. The one we chose is one without a signal assist on the left turn so we won't have to wait as long. It's also a very low-traffic street due to not having any businesses that face it. Coming the other way is a guy turning left, but not signaling, so we end up waiting for him when we didn't have to. Behind him is a cop in an SUV that swerves all the way onto the other side of the street into the oncoming lane (good thing we weren't going straight) to get around some woman opening her car door and being sort of in the way of traffic and then he just sort of plods his way through the intersection, letting the light go very red before he was out of our way, so cross traffic had the green before we could even begin our turn. >_<

From what I remember of attending traffic school with a friend back in the early 80's, California used to have a provision for "running a yellow light" but it appears that the law on yellow lights was changed effective 1986.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

sounds like he never even used his lights to trump traffic. like he just looked at the other drivers and said, "fuck you. i drive where I want"

Comment

Working...
    X