Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am still trying to figure out how your insurance company feels justified in dropping you in an accident where it was the other guy's fault (unless you are in a No-Fault state), so it should theoretically cost them nothing? I know many place tend to do it anyway, though. They seem to assume that, even if your parked, empty car gets hit by someone else, that somehow make YOU at risk of being a bad driver...which is preposterous, but just "how it's done" >_<

I haven't had an accident in over a decade -- but Geico did right by me when I had a minor fender-bender that WAS my fault; I have since moved to State Farm (same coverage on the car plus minor medical and renter's insurance for less than the base Geico payment) and have had no issues.

The place you were with sounds like it might be one of those tiny little places that might as well be a scam, that never pays off on claims anyway. I'm sorry you are having to suffer for their lack of professionalism.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
      My father was in the service. I will check into it. Hopefully I don't need to contact him to get it though. I cut him out of my life five years ago and have no interest in letting him back in ever.
      USAA insurance is only available to AD, Vets, Spouses of either/widows of either, or if your father currently has USAA insurance. You would qualify for their basic banking services though without having to contact your father. The banking part is open to civilians, minus the depositing at home/mobile part.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        The place you were with sounds like it might be one of those tiny little places that might as well be a scam, that never pays off on claims anyway. I'm sorry you are having to suffer for their lack of professionalism.
        If you do your research, those "tiny little places" aren't bad. The one I use now had me insured with Viking for a while, and now I'm with Titan. Both are basic, low-end insurance carriers.

I was still with Viking when I was hit. They gave me no trouble at all. Then again, neither did the other guy's insurance, so there wasn't any fight to be had, either.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          If you do your research, those "tiny little places" aren't bad.
          Fair enough ^_^ I'm just used to seeing little places around here whose ads read like Craigslist comeons ~_~
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My new car. Complete with new payments.

2006 Dodge Durango with only 33k miles on it. Gas mileage is horrible but I can seat eight and with both my daughters in cheer and me being the team mom there are many times I need the room.

Sockpuppet

Comment

Sock, I like! Shiney
              Does it have a full sized spare? Don't forget to add an emergency kit with some basic tools in it.
              In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
              She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Yes it does have the full size spare. I need to read the manual to figure out how to get to it. And, yes I need to add the emergency first aid kit and a tool kit including a fire extinguisher. (I always have one in my cars).

Sockpuppet

Comment

Don't forget a basic "survival" kit sort of thing with the first aid kit.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Lurking Sockpuppet View Post
                    My father was in the service. I will check into it. Hopefully I don't need to contact him to get it though. I cut him out of my life five years ago and have no interest in letting him back in ever.

Good news is the other insurance has accepted responsibility. I finally got a rental car today and hopefully will hear tomorrow about the car. My guess is they will total it. I have been researching similar years/models locally. There is only one for sale within 75 miles and it is listed at 7 thousand. I don't think I will get that much. We will see what tomorrow brings.

Sockpuppet
                    They can look up the info without you having to contact him. I did this when I was looking into USAA a few months ago. I know my father didn't have an account with them. He was a GEICO man until his death. FIL doesn't seem to have it, so we're at an impass. The only other way to get it is if FIL were to start a small valuable policy and we pay for it, but neither one of us have anything that's of value to insure.
                    Random conversation:
                    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

And jumper cables.
                      In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                      She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                      X