Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love the smell of roadkill at Christmas!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the smell of roadkill at Christmas!

One of my BIGGEST complaints about the driving in our parking lots is that people drive too fast and follow too close. When they do this, and you stop, they can't see the pedestrians in front of you and assume that you stopped for no reason (because, obviously, why else would you stop at the stripes painted across the road right?). They're too impatient, and decided to pull out around you and speed-off in the wrong direction, heedless of oncoming traffic and the fact that you have an entire family just passing the front of your hood.

I've seen DOZENS of close calls this season, including a mother jerking her child back because some dipwad didn't care that I was stopped at a crossing. I can do nothing about these people but scold them, and every. Single. One. CANNOT understand what they did wrong! I had some lady claim that it was ok for her to do so if the pedestrians hadn't reached that part of the street yet! No, just no. If they're in the street, you STOP until they finish crossing lady! I swear we need a fence with designated crossing areas AND a full-time crossing guard. I'm amazed that in almost 5-years I've only heard of one person getting hit in our lot. Granted, sometimes the pedestrians aren't paying attention, but it's been the driver's fault every time so far this season.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

And in some cases it's not just Christmas that brings out the crossroad suck.

On base in Hawaii, drivers are NOTORIOUS for not stopping for pedestrians despite the fact that it's a base rule. Even if one car stops for you, there may be a car in the next lane that just blows on through. And the speed too ... which is why they can't stop for crosswalks like they're suppose to.

One of my shipmates learned the hard way. First car stopped for him, the second just plowed through. Double compound fracture - one per leg IIRC.

that's what happens when it's not a 'near' miss and actually a hit...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      One of my shipmates learned the hard way. First car stopped for him, the second just plowed through. Double compound fracture - one per leg IIRC.
      Please tell me the driver did time
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

no idea. i only know the sailor was pulled off the ship and put him on shore duty for a while cos there's no way he'd heal in time for deployment. he was on crutches for a while too.

Comment

Working...
        X