Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously? You have to drive that slow?

Sighting on the way to work yesterday...

Driving down the road the speed limit changes. From the direction I drive it goes from 35 to 45 and then "end 45" which means 55, but no one drives 55 there because you almost always have to stop for the traffic light.

I hit the 45 section and sped up... only to find myself suddenly behind a guy doing 30... 15 below the speed limit. And the road conditions were fine. Partly cloudy and warm (maybe 50s or so) so there's no reason to drive that far under the limit.

I mean even if you somehow didn't notice the speed limit changing you'd still be below the limit.

Thankfully after a minute or so we hit a passing lane and for the first time I actually had a reason - and clearance - to use it. Zipped around him and went on my merry...

To the intersection with the traffic signals and my left hand turn. I noted the slow-poke car also went there too, so I know he wasn't just drivingly slowly looking for a side street etc.

just hope he didn't drive 15 under on *that* road too cos... well it's 55mph. it's a little more dangerous to impede traffic at faster speeds

I had that yesterday too on the way to work. But I couldn't pass because there was always traffic coming the other way. It's extremely frustrating!
    "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
      I had that yesterday too on the way to work. But I couldn't pass because there was always traffic coming the other way. It's extremely frustrating!
      Believe it or not, we have a tribute!

Snailman!

Artist: Tom Griswald & Bob Kevoyan
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Here in ABQ, 2nd St, from Alameda to Candelaria is 45mph (not that anybody slows down to 40mph until they get to Menaul), a good 6 mile stretch. The last 2-3 months though, a lot of people are staying down around 35mph and I haven't got a clue why. Annoying as hell.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I'm being beseiged by a group of people I'm terming "gate-tailers", who keep slowing down & slowing down leaving me getting closer & closer unless I'm constantly on the brakes... I don't want to be that close behind them, & I'm trying my damnedest not to be, but they keep slowing down again as soon as I get back to a safe distance away! WTF?!?!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Clue-by-four time. Are you being passed? Is the vehicle passing you an 18-wheeler doing less than the speed limit? Are you on an uphill stretch? If the answer to all 3 questions is "Yes", they you're driving too @#$%^& slowly and are a hazard. On occasion, I've been going uphill with a load heavy enough to require dropping a couple gears, and still passed some slowpokes.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X