This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth charred View Post
    Were you up by Port Asbestos when it happened?
    Hahaha, sadly no. Probably wouldn't have been nearly annoyed XD.

Comment

This does remind me to go de-stud the winter tires for the truck, don't think we'll need them in Nevada.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
        There is a repair shop that often has lots of nice tires locally, but I don't know if BF could even afford $20-$30 a tire at the moment. He needs a whole new exhaust system and that's going to leave a big dent in his bank account, so unless the tires are somehow blown, they're not going anywhere.
        Unless the exhaust is leaking into the cabin, IT IS NOT A PRIORITY!!!!

A bad exhaust will not kill you(unless as mentioned above, it's leaking into the cabin), bad tires can kill you, and others.

Five dangers of bald tires
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
          Unless the exhaust is leaking into the cabin, IT IS NOT A PRIORITY!!!!
          Depends on what county you're in. Some in PA, make you get an emissions test as well as an annual safety inspection. If there are any holes, or damage to the exhaust...it's a failure. Plus, a loud exhaust tends to draw unwanted attention from the police

Back on topic, I put all-season tires on both cars. Usually, the winters in SW PA aren't really severe enough to warrant a separate set of snow tires. Maybe if I had a rear-wheel-drive station wagon like my parents did. Without snow tires, that car was all over the place, even at slow speeds. Most of the time, I've found, that unless you're doing something really stupid, all-season tires are just fine.
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I have no idea how bad the exhaust issue is - I was just in the car a few days ago and it seemed fine, so maybe it's more a matter of "this won't fail you now, but get it fixed or it will next year."

Some places in PA will fail your ass if the car's rust spots are too big; this state can have some prissy princess inspection standards sometimes. Since, you know, we're all rich mofos here who should have shiny new rust-less vehicles. I can understand if it's like my mother's old car which had a floor that was falling out due to extensive rusting. It was gonna fail inspection, so her partner sold the car to a teenager for a hundred bucks without mentioning the rusty floor. Oops. But if you've got a little rust on the door because you could only afford a piece of shit, that's not a very good reason to fail someone.

Around here, if you're in town, all-season tires are fine. But if you live out in the country where the roads sometimes don't get plowed (or better yet, the plow pushes all the snow into your driveway), you need winter tires with chains and studs and the whole shebang.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Depends on what county you're in. Some in PA, make you get an emissions test as well as an annual safety inspection. If there are any holes, or damage to the exhaust...it's a failure. Plus, a loud exhaust tends to draw unwanted attention from the police
              hmm inspection failure vs. potential death, which is a priority?
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
              X