Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newton's first law of motion, demonstrated for your edification.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newton's first law of motion, demonstrated for your edification.

"An object at rest will tend to stay at rest, unless acted on by an unbalanced force."

I was driving up the 17 today on my way to the store and witnessed this: Someone in a pickup truck pulled out of the Orange Apron, turned to her right to line up with the roadway, and accelerated.

The unsecured lumber in the back of her truck did not.

Fortunately she had chosen to accelerate in the shoulder and then merge in to traffic; had she gone straight into a driving lane, someone would have gotten a bunch of 2x8s through their grille (or windshield). As it was, she just drove right out from under them, they landed in the shoulder, and she stopped. I assume she went back to get them, but was I was past there and gone by then.

(Had she closed the tailgate, the wood might have stayed put, but it looked like it hung over the end. No red flag, either. I say she, but I only got a short glimpse. Might have been a guy with long hair. Gender is irrelevant anyway, idiocy is idiocy.)

She did this with an open tailgate?

Just when you think they can't get any dumber.....

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
      Just when you think they can't get any dumber.....
      Huh? I've been a student of human nature for far too long to ever think that...

Comment

Wow, a do it yourself 'Final Destination' project!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Aargh! 3 things I hate are lumber, hay, and furniture (especially mattresses). Why? Because they're the bulky items most likely to be hauled by amateurs, and therefore not be properly secured.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X