This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid hit and run.

Our hotel sits on the corner of a main road and a side street and everyone leaving our parking lot hits the side road to catch the red light so they can turn on the main road. This intersection can be seen quite clearly from the front desk and I will often sit and watch the accidents as they happen.

One of our maids, Anna, was leaving work one day and was stopped at the light behind a green Mustang. Apparently the guy in the Mustang couldn't tell the difference between drive and reverse and proceeds to back into Anna's car rather hard. Guy takes off and I call the police. While the police are talking to Anna, I realize that I know that Mustang.

Turns out the guy was a guest here, so I had his name, address drivers license number and tag number which was given to the police. We don't always bother to get the car info, but after this I will never slack on it again.
    Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~ Robert Heinlein

Quoth Carina16 View Post
    Turns out the guy was a guest here, so I had his name, address drivers license number and tag number which was given to the police. We don't always bother to get the car info, but after this I will never slack on it again.
    aaaaaaand pwned!
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Wow. Quick work. Definitely good information to take down.

Backing up into another car is a common ruse for fraud so I thought that's what he was doing, until I read that he took off XD

Nicely done. Hope she's ok!

Comment

Oooooooo I wanna hear that he has to pony-up for repairs since there's an independent witness to the accident!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Me too!

Comment

It has become quite popular in Russia to have a dash-camera on your car to help prevent these sorts of shinanegans. I haven't seen it, but there allegedly exists video footage of another car backing into this guy's car. The other driver immediately gets out, runs over and starts blustering; driver of the car with the camera doesn't say a word, just points silently at the camera, and the other guy jumps back in his car and roars off. Pwned...

eta: another one, which I did see: the attempted scammer gets out of his car and starts walking over to the car that "hit him". Unfortunately for him, he left his car door open, and the next car along promptly turns the fake accident into a real one.
            Last edited by Shalom; 04-02-2012, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Ouch. When did humans mistake the exercise crunch with the car-crunch?
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Oooooooo I wanna hear that he has to pony-up for repairs since there's an independent witness to the accident!
                I just hope he doesn't find out who the witness was... Because I'm betting he'd complain to corporate out of revenge.

Comment

Meh, I don't care. I told Anna that I would go to court if she needed me to. Our corporate consists of two guys, the owner and his dad. I've actually had a couple complaints about me. Ive yet to have him not take my side.
                  Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~ Robert Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                  X