This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would you do that?!

So I'm driving off to yon local craft store, when some douchebag decides to scoot out on the road, curl up into a ball and wait.

Was he hit? no.

Did all the cars drive around him? Yes.

I really do have to wonder was going through his mind....
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Wait, what? Some idiot just curled up into a ball on the road?

Comment

"I hope it doesn't hurt too much"? Sounds like a cry for help...
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Hear that scream? It's my brain cells.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

sounds like he was hoping to get hit

Comment

Suicide by car

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post

I really do have to wonder was going through his mind....
              At the rate he was going, someones tire.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I heard recently that in the town I was living in last year there have been a string of suicides that way.
                "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

Fortunately there were a few things that didn't work in his favour:

1) The street was a 50km/h zone.
                  2) He was in that position shortly after an intersection, where you went from 60km/h to 50km/h. All a driver had to do was simply slow down a little bit more since he/she was ALREADY slowing down.
                  3) The road was extremely wide, which gave us more than enough space to get past the guy without hitting him. (it's a one-lane street either way, but the road is wide enough for two lanes either way easily)

I had a feeling that he may have been trying suicide by car, but he picked the wrong position. I felt safer being IN the car though than getting out.

Comment

He suddenly had the delusion that he was an armadillo, maybe?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                      He suddenly had the delusion that he was an armadillo, maybe?
                      I was thinking hedgehog - they actually do roll up in little balls to protect themselves from oncoming cars, instead of scurrying off, which is why they get squashed so much.

Seriously, though, hope someone called the police, he needs some help, for sure.

Madness takes it's toll....
                      Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                        I was thinking hedgehog - they actually do roll up in little balls to protect themselves from oncoming cars, instead of scurrying off, which is why they get squashed so much.

Seriously, though, hope someone called the police, he needs some help, for sure.
                        They may have. He wasn't there when I drove the route AGAIN so chances are, someone got him some help. It wasn't that far from a police station or hospital.

And I have to go down there again tomorrow for yet MORE crafting stuff (having a crack at needle felting and while I have the needles and a tool as well as some stuff to practice with, I don't have a felting mat and a kitchen sponge is a poor substitute)

Comment

Working...
                        X