This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you really that stupid?

So last night roomie and I were coming home when we pulled into the turn lane to the street that'll take us to our complex. Who do we see in front of us? A white medium duty truck pulling (not towing) a dark green beat up light duty truck.
    The road we were turning on to is narrow and curvy. I don't like driving it during the day and hate driving it after dark. It's a scary street and people tend to go around the curves fast and cross into the other lane.
    So when we notice the trucks roomie asks me to back off (I was driving). There was someone in the green truck steering and apparently applying the breaks when needed (it came awfully close to the white truck a few times though). But the amount of control wasn't much and if someone came around a corner a little too sharply the green truck was screwed and we wanted time to stop ourself.
    They passed the turn off to our apartment complex and we both breathed sighs of relief.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

That HAS to be illegal! I am imagining all kinds of scenarios. Some people shouldn't be allowed driver licenses.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I remember reading that here as well - I think it may have been in one of Argabarga's posts about towing, but I can't find it yet - here.

And since it's DOT law that's a federal law, not state-specific.

and frankly that sounds just stupid for them to try anyway.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 07-26-2012, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Annnd that would be when I start telling my friend to call the police, give descriptions of the vehicles, as well as the license plate numbers.
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Could be worse . . . they could be trying to tow it with the key off.

How not to tow a WRX

See linked video at that page for the inevitable result.

Comment

Wow Shalom. That was really dumb of them. And yeah it was kinda like that.
            Except if they wiped out we didn't see it. Thankfully.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

And that's how one of my former coworkers was nearly killed, only her son was the one driving the SUV that was pulling their car (she was a passenger IIRC.) They had to swerve to avoid another vehicle and not only did the SUV but the car they were towing with it both flipped over on their sides!

Coworker survived but has been left a quadraplegic and in a wheelchair.

So not worth towing the wrong way.
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
              X