This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew you weren't going to turn

So the other day I'm on my way to work, and waiting to turn left at a light. There were two cars in the right lane on the opposite side, and a ginormous SUV in the left lane, signaling left. But something told me he wasn't going to, so I hesitated for a second, rather than making my left turn. Good thing I did since he blew through the intersection, still with his signal on! Idiot. Had I gone, I probably would have ended up in the nearby parking lot, smashed to bits.

Hey! No using your telepathy to save yourself, selfish bint! You use that for customers' whiny demands, ONLY.

(I'm glad you're okay.)
    Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 07-30-2012, 05:13 PM.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Me too! I just kind of knew, maybe by the fact he wasn't really slowing down. Plus, that intersection has jsut enough of a dip, that if someone is coming from the oppositte direction, you sometimes can't see if anyone is behind them. So I tend to wait a second or two.

Comment

Instincts can be very handy. Glad you're ok.
        "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I hate that. That's why I wait till I finally see their tires turning.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Yeah, you can't rely on signals (or their lack) for anything nowadays... Sucks.
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Routinely I have the opposite problem. At the stop light where I turn left to get to the back road that takes me home I've lost count of the people going the other direction that don't signal that their turning right. If I don't have the protected green arrow I wait for a decent gap. Numerous times I'd have had time to turn before the other person. If they'd only signaled!
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                Routinely I have the opposite problem. At the stop light where I turn left to get to the back road that takes me home I've lost count of the people going the other direction that don't signal that their turning right. If I don't have the protected green arrow I wait for a decent gap. Numerous times I'd have had time to turn before the other person. If they'd only signaled!
                My favourite turn signal story is some dumbass that was ahead of me once on my way to work.

Road is two lane (one in each direction) but at a particular intersection, when headed in our direction, it widened to have both a short left-turn lane, and the shoulder widened to give a right turn lane as well.

The guy was in the center lane (to go straight thru the intersection).
                He had his left turn signal on.
                He turned right.

Madness takes it's toll....
                Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  I hate that. That's why I wait till I finally see their tires turning.
                  I do that, too.

Sometimes, I get a douchnozzle behind me that starts honking at me to go. Look, bub, from where you are, 1) you can't necessarily see what I can and B) I'm the one in control of this vehicle. If you want to be an idiot with yours, go right ahead. I, however, don't feel like getting killed....
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    I do that, too.

Sometimes, I get a douchnozzle behind me that starts honking at me to go. Look, bub, from where you are, 1) you can't necessarily see what I can and B) I'm the one in control of this vehicle. If you want to be an idiot with yours, go right ahead. I, however, don't feel like getting killed....
                    Yep, I will decide whtn it's safe for me to go, and no amount of outside influence is going to change that.

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                    X