This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "O, F**K!" (sensitive warning)

sensitive warning: nothing graphic but ... I cannot guarantee no one died in what I saw. I still haven't found anything on the news on it yet.

Driving down the highway, headed home after a job interview (no joy there) the traffic dropped to a slow crawl.

I wasn't in a big hurry myself so I just stayed in my lane, wondered about what had happened, which lane I should be in, and watched some of the people jockeying around as they tried to get a better view.

Some cars took to the shoulder - but they turned out to be headed to the exit anyway. Some time later, a small tow truck went by too, but I suspected it was headed to help out with whatever had happened.

It wasn't as bad as other jams I've been in. Never came to a complete stop. And a couple of miles down, almost at the scene I found out I had to switch lanes... and it was pretty easy. No one was really making it hard.

Yep a traffic accident. I saw some cops there, and then spied a red canvas bag on the side of the road. I turned my head to look at it, hoping it wasn't a body bag - just a tool bag.

Then I saw the actual accident.

"OH FUCK!"
    One of the workers cleaning up the rubble was looking right at me too. And probably saw the look of horror on my face.

Two mangled trucks, upside down and twisted on the road.

I'm really hoping no one died in that. Really really hoping.

small update. still no news on the accident, tho I've been looking.

but... maybe it's the season or something but we've had a lot of accidents on that road lately. The very next day we saw a traffic backup cos some guy had run his car off to the left into a ditch.

And my BF spotted the area where the truck accident was at from the tire marks and the damage to the guardrail.

and, literally overnight ... the yellow signage stating how many people had died on that road... went up by a few numbers. not sure if it was related to the accident i saw or something else. could be either or both the way the people have been driving here lately.

Comment

Wow, that's not good - drive safely!
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I hate that. If I see an ambulance I have trouble driving because the crying is obstucting my vision. I'm a big crybaby.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hope everyone was ok, I've seen some really horrible looking mangled cars, and heard that everyone survived, somehow.

Won't go into any horridness I've seen, but the oddest was when I lived in Long Beach, CA. We were in an apartment on an upper floor of an old building, with a view of a reasonably main intersection. Heard a crash one day, looked out the kitchen window, and saw Volkswagen van laying on it's side, and a Volkswagen Beetle upside down. Amazingly, no one was hurt.

Madness takes it's toll....
          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            I've seen some really horrible looking mangled cars, and heard that everyone survived, somehow.
            There was this one segment that went around on one of those "World's Worst" shows, where a semi rolled over ONTO a sedan, completely crushing it. After the fire department lifted the trailer and extracted the guy in the sedan, he was up and on his feet.

I haven't seen any really "impressive" accidents, although I have had a truck spontaneously combust on the road in front of my house.

Comment

Quoth Hawaiian Eskimo View Post

I haven't seen any really "impressive" accidents, although I have had a truck spontaneously combust on the road in front of my house.

I read somewhere that sometime back, actor Mark Harmon had something similar happen. A car w/ teen boys in it hit a tree & wrecked in front of the house next door to his, the car caught fire & Mark used a sledgehammer to bust the windows & pulled the boys out before the car exploded. Thankfully, all lived to tell the tale
              "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                actor Mark Harmon ... used a sledgehammer to bust the windows & pulled the boys out before the car exploded.
                I knew it; NCIS is really a documentary!
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                  I knew it; NCIS is really a documentary!

yep I hear ya, I just recently started watching NCIS on a regular basis & I will freely admit it, I'm ADDICTED! Gibbs is such a FOX & Mark seems like someone I'd loved to just hang out with
                  "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
                  X