This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out for that treeeee!

iPanda's thread about things happening while driving with friends reminded me of this story.

My friend L picks me up one day to go thrift shopping and meet up with another friend for a movie. It was really windy, but not stormy. As we're driving along, I noticed a couple trees on the left side of the road waving in the wind.

Then I realized that one of them had continued in the same direction...toward the street. I managed to choke out "Oh shit, look out!!" and L managed to swerve just as the tree fell across the opposite lanes and into our lane on the right side.

Luckily we reached our destination a few moments later, and sat there in the car laughing at our near miss.

Thankfully, it missed hitting any cars, just screwed up traffic for a while.
    "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

You'll have to change your nick to "Draper George" now. :-P

Comment

George, George, George of the Jungle, strong as he can be....
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        George, George, George of the Jungle, strong as he can be....
        Thanks. Now I'll probably have that song in my head all night long and tomorrow at work.

Watch out for that treeeeeeeeeeeee . . . .
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Used to be a big old orange cat in our old neighborhood. We called him George of the Jungle! He was the big daddy of several of our kitties (who all became strictly indoor cats).
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Used to be a big old orange cat in our old neighborhood. We called him George of the Jungle! He was the big daddy of several of our kitties (who all became strictly indoor cats).
            When I was little we had a big orange and white cat named George. He was fixed, but he was very friendly and would sometimes lie down across the sidewalk so people would stop and pay attention to him. He also had extra toes on one front paw.
            "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Working...
            X