Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you get all the way up here without getting nailed for that?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you get all the way up here without getting nailed for that?

Back in March, I posted a thread about a beer truck I saw with a homebrew license plate on it.

Now as bad as that was, they at least got some credit for using some quality printed labels and weatherproof stick-on numbering/lettering that was at least legible from a distance.

The guy I saw on the way home tonight though, gets no points at all.

In a knot of bumper-to-bumper traffic, I ended up behind a dark green Jeep Cherokee (one of the old boxy ones with the 4.0L engine) with a homemade plate

This thing was just beyond pathetic. It was every bit as bad as the WORST fake parking permits that Argabarga has described.

First of all, it was made form CARDBOARD.

Yes that's right....it was a (sloppily) cut-out rectangle of corrugated cardboard.

Next, it was HANDWRITTEN using a sharpie marker.

Across the top was written "FLORIDATAG" (no, I didn't forget the space. It was written without one. AND the G was obscured by the screw holding it in so it looked like "FLORIDATA"), below that, the plate number, and below that "Lost Tag"

Even worse, it wasn't even written on there straight; all the writing was at a cockeyed angle.

And from only HALF the safe-following distance it was completely illegible. It may as well have been the grease-stained bottom of a pizza box. The only reason I had been able to read it in the first place was because traffic was bumper to bumper and I was close enough to read it.

But what really blows my mind about this is the fact that the guy was from Florida.

And I saw him in Massachusetts....

I find it difficult to believe that he made it all the way up here without getting stopped and towed away for not having a valid plate. For his sake he'd better hope he gets out of Massachusetts with his skin intact because lack of plates/valid registration automatically gets you towed and you can't get the car out of impound until you get the plates and registration sorted out (had a friend who learned that the hard way).
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Well, maybe he lost his tag AFTER he made it to MA? Otherwise...yeah, I got nothing else.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      Well, maybe he lost his tag AFTER he made it to MA? Otherwise...yeah, I got nothing else.
      That's the only thing I could come up with as well.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Hmm....hadn't thought of that possibility....nonetheless, he'd be damned lucky to make it for long with that horrid excuse for a "plate."
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Oh, I doubt he'll make it back to FL without getting caught!
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

You know i once had 2 different sets of plates on my car. The old NY plates on the frames and a KY plate in the back window. I really was worried about getting stopped for that and questioned ... even though I had literally just left the DMV & was headed home to find my tool bag.

but fuck if people are getting away with home-made license plates i shouldn't have worried so much about driving 5 miles with 3 plates.
            Last edited by PepperElf; 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X