This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky A** School Bus Driver!

Boyfriend was bicycle riding to work this morning, about 6-6:30AM. Still a little dark. Ever since being hit by the drunk driver he put a new headlight on the bike that is as bright as a car headlight. He also wrapped the bike in LED wire like this:

So he's biking along as far to the (non-existant) shoulder as he can get when a school bus comes hauling a** up on him (it's 40mph where he rides) and nearly scrapes his left handlebar, beginning to pass him. He was also just coming to the intersection where there was a road on the right

You guessed it.

The school bus started to turn right...RIGHT INTO MY BOYFRIEND! It started forcing him off the road, so he hauled back and KICKED the folding doors on the side. The bus jerked to a halt and the bus driver started honking. Boyfriend flipped him the bird and rode on.

I'm concerned because he didn't see the number or school this bus or driver was from, and I'm sure he'll 'run' into him again as he rides this road every morning. I want him to try and get the bus info and driver description so he can report him.

This past spring a law was actually passed in our state that you can only pass cyclists if you are 4ft to the left, and you may cross double yellow lines to do so. This is about the 7th car since then to 'scrape' him. It pisses me off. I'd like him to tell local police so they can do some stings on that road. I also don't want to lose him like I almost did that last time.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

You know what time he was at that intersection. As far as I know, buses these days have full-time gps tracking, so with a time and location they should be able to know what bus it was and who was driving. Even without a gps, however, there likely aren't a lot of different buses driving that particular route at that particular time.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      You know what time he was at that intersection. As far as I know, buses these days have full-time gps tracking, so with a time and location they should be able to know what bus it was and who was driving. Even without a gps, however, there likely aren't a lot of different buses driving that particular route at that particular time.

^-.-^
      I second that. Unless he's on the route buses take to leave the bus barn, it shouldn't be too difficult to look up which bus it was. I'd contact the school district and tell them what info you do have, rather than wait for another close call.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

It's finding which school it was from that's the problem; there's a LOT of schools where we live. But I'm hoping.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Unless they are from different district/private schools there should be a central authority you can call. GRPS back home covered all levels of school but they have a central office to handle things. Which specific school doesn't matter as much as the district. I'd call the police yourself, they at least need to be aware of what's going on.

Comment

Even if they can't track down which bus, specifically, they would at least have a record that one of the drivers is being reckless, which could lead to, at the least, a safety meeting to get all of the bus drivers to pay better attention.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
            X