Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If its such a terrible computer, then why have me fix it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If its such a terrible computer, then why have me fix it?

So, this is the worst one that I've had in quite a while.

Customer bought a system from us about a year and a half - two years ago, and has to run a proprietary government software program. Program doesn't work and the govt troubleshooters on the other end blame our hardware. (We custom build the computers that we sell). Regardless of what actually is the problem, and how it was handled, (This was before I started working here), guy is not very happy with us.

Sometime this week, the video card failed, and was brought in to me today to fix. The question that I have is: If it is such a terrible computer, why do you bring it back to me to have it fixed, while all the while ranting about what a terrible computer it was, and that its useless, and how it was so expensive, and how you will never buy another computer from us again? Why not just take it to a place that you are happier with, and have them fix it?

BTW, It was out of warranty, so other than the fact that we had built it, there was no reason for him to come to us to fix it.
    "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
    -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Hmm...Custom build vid card out of warranty so fast?

Anywhoo...I hear that all the time... If it sucked so bad from the get go, why not..let's say...Bring it back right away so we can get better gear for yah

BTW...What card was it?
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

GeForce FX5500. We've got a standard 1 year parts and labour warranty. Often, component failure around here can be attributed to the power grid, which I am told is rather unstable, and can wreak havoc on sensitive electronics.

When I say custom buid, I should explain myself a little better: Everything we sell, we build ourselves from components. While we do do the occasional pure custom job, we have a few standard templates that can be changed as needed, depending on what the customer wants. The base models of these templates are the ones that we display out in the front of the shop. So, for the most part, any problems that crop up happen during the build or shortly after.

Anywhoo...I hear that all the time... If it sucked so bad from the get go, why not..let's say...Bring it back right away so we can get better gear for yah
      I know what you mean. But that would make sense, and as we all know, if it makes sense, it isn't allowed. But then again, I wasn't there for when it happened, so I don't know what exactly happened at the time.
      (Correcting the statement I made in my first post, I was working there at the time, but only for a few hours a week, so I wasn't actually there when this happened)
      "Sir... sir... diagnosing computer problems over the phone is like diagnosing brain cancer with a pointy stick"
      -ahanix1989, inspired by bash.org

Comment

Ahh...I see.

I also work in a comp shop that does custom builds
        "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
        X