Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did get my setup directly from Dish so I guess from what you guys are saying I got someone else's second-hand crap. Oh well, like I said, I'm stuck w/Dish for now since it's the only way I can watch the Mets, who by the way won the opening game of the season tonight!

(Can you tell I'm very excited about that?)
    "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Quoth Bonnie Bitch View Post
      The part in bold -- I didn't write that, just like I didn't write "storture rack" in my last post. But it showed up anyway.

What's the up with that?
      In case you didn't catch this elsewhere in the forum, check the date on your posts. And if you st-ill haven't gotten, it, then head over to the News section.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

sigh.

During breakfast hours, we sell pizza for 2.49 a slice - it's breakfast themed pizza with eggs and other toppings, but no tomato sauce.

All other times of the day, it's 2.99 or 2 for 5.

The other day a very flustered cashier came up to me holding a slice box, saying the customer was demanding it be marked down to 2.50, since they could have gotten 2 for $5 but only wanted one and besides "we got a slice of breakfast pizza yesterday at 8am and it was 2.50!"

I did concede since I wanted the SC out of the store as much as the cashier did, but I also showed the cashier how to key in the UPC to change the price. Our UPC's in deli, meat, and seafood have the price contained in the UPC. I wouldn't have done it for any other cashier though, she's a very, very nice lady in her late 50s. (I printed up a label for $2.59.. oops, finger slipped on the keypad) I also overheard the cashier telling the customer that we don't haggle on prices afterwards and basically told them they weren't welcome again. GO FRONTEND!

Comment

Quoth CurlyLocks View Post
          the Mets, who by the way won the opening game of the season tonight!

(Can you tell I'm very excited about that?)
          <high five>

Go Mets!

Love,

Bonnie Bitch, World's Worst Hockey Fan

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            In case you didn't catch this elsewhere in the forum, check the date on your posts. And if you st-ill haven't gotten, it, then head over to the News section.

^-.-^
            Yeah, I final;ly got it. I ended up laughing on the inside, where it counts.

Comment

<high five>

Go Mets!

Love,

Bonnie Bitch, World's Worst Hockey Fan
              Talk about torture rack - I've been a Mets fan all my life. But if the pitching holds up, I think this is going to be our year.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                It's commendable that your boyfriend is a firefighter but there's no discount for that. No we cannot just give you the discount you have to present a card to get it. If you get an AARP discount don't ask for a senior citizens discount.
                "How much is it for senior citizens?"

$98.10 plus tax

"Well i have this here AARP card, can i get a better rate?"

God this burns me too. And i've seen people get frustrated when the discounts they qualify for don't stack or one isn't better than the other. People will rattle off whatever they can think of to save a few bucks.

(And thanks to the Mets for ruining the Cardinals Opening Day. Bastards don't know when to lose...)

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
                  (And thanks to the Mets for ruining the Cardinals Opening Day. Bastards don't know when to lose...)
                  Well, after we won again tonight it feels pretty good, but it still doesn't make up for Game 7 of the NLCS last year.

Comment

Talk about torture rack - I've been a Mets fan all my life. But if the pitching holds up, I think this is going to be our year.
                    I've been to hockey matches before. I had fun at one, where the quarterback threw the puck into the hoop and then there was a fight. The umpires had to schlep out onto the floor and break it up, but it was a fun night.

Comment

If anyone wishes to have the AARP link, I do have it and will be willing to send it out via PM. I'm not sure if I can post it on here.

Rb

Comment

My boss is amusing. Instead of asking us (whoever gets stuck handling his reservations) if there is a senior discount or the like, he calls it an "old guy" discount.

Although, it's always a tossup as to whether the senior discount is better than the AAA discount.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've been to hockey matches before. I had fun at one, where the quarterback threw the puck into the hoop and then there was a fight. The umpires had to schlep out onto the floor and break it up, but it was a fun night.
                          You sports fan, you!

Comment

Quoth ruffledbirdy View Post
                            If anyone wishes to have the AARP link, I do have it and will be willing to send it out via PM. I'm not sure if I can post it on here.

Rb
                            I have to admit that I have no idea what AARP is. Fancy PMing it to me?

I'm feeling curious.

Rapscallion

Comment

AARP=American Association of Retired People. Basically an old folks advocacy group. My parents are members, and it benefits them greatly. Amusingly, a few years ago they changed their name from "American Association of Retired People" to simply AARP. I guess their logic was that was what people were calling them anyway.

And if you are wondering, people here pronounce it as a word, "Arp." Very few people actually say "A-A-R-P."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

You sports fan, you!
                                You got that right! Besides, the only real sports are the ones with men in tight Speedos.

Comment

Working...
                                X