This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    He wanted me fired because he was going to lose custody of the kids, pay the ex-wife a shitload of alimony, and God knows what else.
    Maybe he could - and this is a revolutionary thought here - have been faithful instead? That might have worked.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post

By the way, did you monitor this account and see if she just kept calling until she finally got the pushover rep that gave her what she wanted? If she was persistent enough, she probably did.
      Actually I did check it just before shift ended. She'd called in twice before me to try and get access and she tried once again after me, but thankfully no one rolled over and gave her the info.

As for the hanging up thing...the training at this call center was interesting. We are told in training there are certain things you absolutely cannot do (such as hang up) , then we get on the phones we find out the rules aren't quite so black and white.

The thing was in this case we had a big fat note saying only the account holder can access the account so no matter how long this woman chirped at us, NOTHING would change. So I can see the argument in favor of disconnecting her instead of having her waste even more of our time.

Comment

You'd think that the fact that she worked in a call center *supposedly* would at least leave her with the knowledge that -just because we answered your call DOESNT mean we can do ANYTHING for you. We have guidelines, policies, company regulations!*gasp* wow!

Having had the experience myself just makes me more patient and understanding of what a rep. can and cannot do. The absence of logic in expecting a total stranger to bend a rule at work and risk being reprimanded for it after you have wailed your HEAD off at them is sooo SC it's like they have TRAINING for it.

Comment

Oh, man, I hate the "I used to work in <industry> so I know what you can and can't do" people. Thankfully, at my current job I almost never get any of that.

Odd about the Kinkos comment earlier. My ex (who I split from about 5 years ago) worked at Kinkos. As one of the heads of the print department. They may have started as copy only, but now they even have a sub-title of "Office and Print Services" on their website.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
          X