This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Khirashi and BroSCFischer, please take your sucky guests back

Oh, the entitled douchebaggery going on tonight... and at least one of Khirashi's guests is at my hotel (namely Captain Punchy).

Attempt the first at a free upgrade
    SC: There was no directory left in our room, we'd like a different room.
    Me: I'm sorry that housekeeping overlooked that, but we have spare directors, I'll grab one for you. Though, when in doubt, if you call the hotel operator, they can direct your call.
    SC: Without a directory, how are we supposed to know how to dial the operator.
    Me: ... everywhere I know of is dial 0 for the operator.

Attempt the second at a free upgrade
    SC: The shower curtain is missing its plastic liner so water got everywhere in the bathroom when we took a shower, we need a new room.
    Me: None of our shower curtains have plastic liners, they are water proofed fabric and go directly in the tub. It is an understandable mistake, we can have someone go up and clean the bathroom for you, but we aren't going to move into a new room for it.
    SC: I've never seen a waterproof fabric shower curtain, no other hotel I've staid at uses them, why the hell would you use something so uncommon that guests won't be familiar with it.
    Me: If you thought there was something wrong, why didn't you call down and ask to make sure?
    SC: How are we supposed to do that without a directory in our room?
    Me: We do follow the same convention of every other hotel and have 0 as the extension for the operator.

Attempt the third at a free upgrade
    SC: Now there is no dial tone on my phone.
    Me: Okay, I'm sorry, but we don't have anyone in engineering right now to fix that. We can either wait until the morning to have it fixed or we can move you into a different room of the same type.
    SC: No, if we are moving we demand an upgrade to compensate for the inconvenience.
    Supervisor (who has been at the desk each of the times this guest has come up): Are you kidding? You started by complaining about not having a directory, refused our offer to get you one and were told that if you needed to be connected to anywhere all you had to do was dial 0 and the operator would connect you. You had a problem with the shower curtain because you weren't familiar with that style, you thought there was something wrong, but just used it anyway rather than calling to ask if there was a problem or a different way you were supposed to use it and again claimed that it was because of a lack of directory, despite being told how to call the operator. And now you are claiming the phone isn't working, which is the first legitimate complaint you've made all night. Since it is a legitimate complaint, we are willing to move you to a comparable room, but we aren't going to do an upgrade for what in the scheme of things is a relatively minor inconvenience, that could have been avoided had you tried the phone earlier in the night when we still had people in engineering to fix it.
    SC: How dare you speak to a VIP like that, do you have any idea how important I am to this company?
    Me: $7 a day in revenue on average... in 2011... with nothing sense then until tonight.
    SC: you.

What terrible service
    SC: What type of bullshit resort are you that doesn't offer room service?
    Me: We stopped offering room service last year because so few people were ordering it... even now we only get about 1 or 2 requests a day to bring it back, which isn't enough to justify it.
    SC: Well, how the hell am I supposed to get food then.
    Me: ... go to the restaurant...

What do you mean there is a wait
    SC: I've been waiting in valet for several minutes now and no one is here.
    Me: I'm sorry, our valet person is currently assisting a guest to their room, they should be down in a few minutes.
    SC: That is unacceptable to make guests wait this long, why don't you have more people working out here?
    Me: Normally we aren't busy at 2am and having only one person doesn't cause any problems. Unfortunately it looks like just bad timing that two people needed his help at the same time.
    SC: you

I'm noticing a trend.

Captain Punchy stays at my hotel
    Yup, had a domestic tonight. Had to have security break them up. Husband tried to take a swing at one of the security guards. Husband is now staying at the Parr Blvd Hotel for the night... I hope he enjoys his accomadations.

Lt. Punchy stays at my hotel
    Seriously, two domestics in one night
    This time security didn't get involved, the wife removed herself from the situation and got herself her own room with the agreement that under no circumstances would we let her husband know that she was at the hotel. I also used her husband's comp points to pay for the room (oops, I could have sworn I was working with her comp account, I mean, they do have the same last name and address and all that )

Khirashi jinxed me
    Seriously, as soon as I finished reading his post I started getting noise complaints.

Ditto BroSCFischer
    This post is the situation I'm dealing with right now also. Misery loves company I guess
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

I don't know about Khiras, but I sure as hell don't want them.

You go ahead and keep them, as my personal gift of friendship.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      Khirashi's
      Send them to Khirashi, but don't send them to me

I've had enough for one year!
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Captain Punchy stays at my hotel
        Yup, had a domestic tonight. Had to have security break them up. Husband tried to take a swing at one of the security guards. Husband is now staying at the Parr Blvd Hotel for the night... I hope he enjoys his accomadations.
        Did he also get some pretty, shiny bracelets, as well?
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
          I don't know about Khiras, but I
          You go ahead and keep them, as my personal gift of friendship.

SC
          Um... no thank you. I appreciate the kindness, but I could never accept such a generous gift

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
          Send them to Khirashi, but don't send them to me

I've had enough for one year!
          I knew I was going to spell someone's name wrong
          But okay, I'll make you a deal, you find this Khirashi and all three of us can send our guests to him

Comment

Update from yesterday

So, the guests who were so convinced that everything was wrong with their room had a visit from engineering first thing in the morning to fix all the problems they reported... and as we suspected, they were full of shit... nothing wrong with the room at all.

Bonus (club) story
            We do not, nor have we ever, nor will we ever, offer bonus cash on Sundays. Yet here stood a couple swearing that they had received a coupon for bonus cash for today (Sunday)... oddly they could not produce said coupon, it conveniently was at home because they assumed we could look it up in the computer. Bonus points for the one who doesn't receive any offers at all because he hasn't played here in three years.

Comment

SC: How dare you speak to a VIP like that, do you have any idea how important I am to this company?
              Me: $7 a day in revenue on average... in 2011... with nothing sense then until tonight.
              This just made me crack up! I love that you actually could say that to him.
              Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

SC: ...do you have any idea how important I am to this company?
                Me: $7 a day in revenue on average...
                lol! I caught and loved that too Spork. Wouldn't it be great if every CSR could have that kind of info at their fingertips?

"Do you know who I am?"
                "Tim Nobody. You walked the CEO's sister's friend's dog twice in college."

"I'm never shopping here again!"
                "You've shopped here three times since you last said that on October 14th, 2012."

"Do you know how much money I spend here?"
                "$1243.07, at an average of $6.36 per visit since 1957."

Oh, the possibilities are endless.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                  lol! I caught and loved that too Spork. Wouldn't it be great if every CSR could have that kind of info at their fingertips?

"Do you know who I am?"

"You've shopped here three times since you last said that on October 14th, 2012."

When I worked for MajorBank we did have that information at our fingertips. Unfortunately, we couldn't actually say anything snarky to customers. Actually, my department couldn't speak to customers at all, but we did have to hear the comments they were making in the background while we were talking to branch employees.

I did actually go to bat for one customer. She was elderly and had fallen victim to a counterfeit cashier's check. LP wanted to close her accounts. I pointed out that she'd been a customer since 1937, and while she wasn't a high dollar account, a customer with an 74 year long relationship with us, with nary a problem, deserved to be given a second chance.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

"Do you know who I am?"

I heart you.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

They wanted a better room because they didn't have a directory??? WTF??

Take points off for lack of imagination. At least they could have come up with something more creative that would sound like an actual problem.

And they probably stuffed the directory under the bed or in the closet, anyway.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

"Do you know who I am?"

I got to do this at my previous health insurance job.

'I've been paying my premiums for x years, and i never get anything out of it'
                        'Actually sir, you've paid y in premiums and received (2y) in procedures under your policy'
                        How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                        X