This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello? Didn't I JUST tell you that?

I swear, it must be that dang earsplitting rock music or something, but it seems everyone I talk to on the phone lately has a hearing problem.

Example: My boss left me a note concerning a tenant who wanted to rent extra closet space. He leaves instructions on what I need to do. I do what has to be done, and then I call up the tenant.

ME: Okay, I talked to maintenance and the closet will be cleaned out and the key put under your door by April 1st.

TENANT: Good. One more thing...could you please put the key under my door?

ME: Um, sure.

That same day, my boss (who is out of town, thank god) calls.

BOSS: Did you get my message about the tenant who wants extra closet space?

ME: Yes, I've already taken care of it.

BOSS: Okay, I need you to leave a note for [maintenance] and tell them to clean out the closet and leave a key under the tenant's door. Then call the tenant and tell her.

Again, am I missing something? Didn't I just say I took care of it?? Or does that phrase mean something else on whatever planet you're from??

Alas, these are not isolated incidents. Drives me nuts.

"Don't push me, sir, I said I've 'taken care of it'. Unless that involves baking a cake or something you didn't tell me to do in training, it's taken care of."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
      ME: Okay, I talked to maintenance and the closet will be cleaned out and the key put under your door by April 1st.

TENANT: Good. One more thing...could you please put the key under my door?
      Next time respond with something that makes her think she is going insane like, "No ma'am, the only way we can leave the key for you would be to put it under your door."
      "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
      .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Boy, does that sound familiar.

Me: *answering phone* <Company Name>
        SC: Yeah, is this <Company Name>?

Now, if they were distracted or weren't listening, I could understand, but when they seem to be right there, paying attention, I'm just baffled.

And it's not like I don't enunciate. Heck, half the people that work there can't say the company name without mumbling the middle all together, but I make a point of having clear diction. *shakes head*

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X